Cochrane to Hearst today.

Turbo Doo

Rode Cochrane to Hearst today.  Trails were in fairly good shape, considering the all day snow and blowing.  The yellow section on the A trail that comes up to Hwy 11 to the Ressor Siding Monument was not too too bad. Snow covered with a few rocks here and there. That section is well marked and warning signs for riders. I would suggest not to (fly) through the area. Best trails today were west of Kap,  and Cochrane. Arctic Riders trails were so so.. Moonbeam trails were groomed, with lots of fresh snow. L119 and L125 were spectacular with loads of new snow, and alot of moose activity. Decided to take A from moonbeam all the way to Hearst. Lots of drifting etc. Enjoyed our meal last night in Cochrane with Nunz and crew. Great to see you guys again.

Few pictures to share...

20190214_170147.jpg

20190215_080748.jpg

20190215_103557.jpg

20190215_124732.jpg

20190215_160659.jpg

20190215_160714.jpg

20190215_172402.jpg

20190215_172417.jpg

20190215_181144.jpg

56 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Yellow section of A i was talking about..

Screenshot_20190215-205455_Samsung Internet.jpg

Logging or just snow blown off the trail?

Bridge repairs IIRC. 

See you in the morning Jeffy boy....

12 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

IIRC, was logging last year through the area, kinda looks the same. Its been bulldozed...

I posted about this section back on the 9th. A contractor is installing a bridge over Crow Creek. Bulldozing was required to be able to get his equipment in and out....having previously stuck an excavator.  

There are also log harvest and haul activities happening around Opasatika and Mattice so share the road where necessary and obey the Stop signs.

On another note: I see you found your way to Della Pieta restaurant in Moonbeam...

Thanks IQ was great seeing you guys Thursday night and catching up. Have a great long weekend!!

3 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I posted about this section back on the 9th. A contractor is installing a bridge over Crow Creek. Bulldozing was required to be able to get his equipment in and out....having previously stuck an excavator.  

There are also log harvest and haul activities happening around Opasatika and Mattice so share the road where necessary and obey the Stop signs.

On another note: I see you found your way to Della Pieta restaurant in Moonbeam...

Della Pieta is a great place.  We always try and eat there one day, and eat at the clubhouse another. Nice to support both. 

Clubhouse Sunday......8-)

Archived