Interactive Map Update Question??

Diceman

5 minutes ago, zoso said:

It already is done by the district.

Oh, i thought it was once person at the OFSC.

5 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Oh, i thought it was once person at the OFSC.

No, it is one person at the district level. In an area that once open stays that way it is not an imperative thing, but it would seem that a time lag of a day or two when a trail moves from closed to limited or open has a very negative outcome. Many stay home when they could ride, or trailer to a far away area to ride when they could have done so close to home. I cannot see anyone not being a little peeved if they trailered 250km to ride for the day, only to find out the trails ten minutes away were groomed and open. Hence why I say, if the trails have already been open, and it snows a decent amount, ride em and forget that map.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoso said:

No, it is one person at the district level. In an area that once open stays that way it is not an imperative thing, but it would seem that a time lag of a day or two when a trail moves from closed to limited or open has a very negative outcome. Many stay home when they could ride, or trailer to a far away area to ride when they could have done so close to home. I cannot see anyone not being a little peeved if they trailered 250km to ride for the day, only to find out the trails ten minutes away were groomed and open. Hence why I say, if the trails have already been open, and it snows a decent amount, ride em and forget that map.

Exactly correct, this season with all of the changing weather and diminished riding time demands a quicker response by the Clubs and Districts providing prompt updates on trail status.

This should not depend on one person working at a District that works only M-F with stat holidays off.  Some Districts do update 7 days a week, others appear not to.

In normal years this isn’t a major concern but this year it is and needs improvement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Any ideas when interactive map will be available, it's time to make a plans.:rolleyes: