For the guys with 850s...

Baylaker

Take the little black metal guard off of the oil tank down infront of the primary and check to make sure all your oil lines are on. After my day trip last Wednesday I noticed lots of oil on the footrest as my boot kept sliding out and off of the running board...belt was also slipping near the end of the day. So, when I took the clutch cover off it was caked in oil! Clutches, belt, everywhere! Took the foot rest off and noticed an oil line clip sitting in the corner of the running board...couldn’t even begin to tell you how it got there...

BB213DB3-0BB9-4F42-B049-AA46FA107178.jpeg

No codes came up and no limp mode. Hopefully the internals are good. Larrys said there shouldn’t be any damage, but told me to bring it in so they could have a look

There are 6 similar clamps under the engine, for the oil lines, not including the ones at the oil pump and RAVE valves.  Which line was yours exactly, that had come off ?  Do you know yet ?

No idea yet Denis. I will let you know once I find out though.

Hopefully an oil line was not completely disconnected feeding oil to the chassis vs. the engine, where needed!

I would want to know exactly which line it was that caused this and what exactly it is feeding on the engine.

You mentioned a day ride, so not just a little run around the yard.

I’ll find out when I take it in and then report back to you guys. 

Aroind 250kms

If you go on ski doo facebook page, theres a good section about rev g4 850 stuff. I made sure my dealer went over both our 850s before taking delivery with a fine tooth comb. After i did all my research on 850 issues from ski doos facebook page and the web. Noticeably the 2 bolts that fasten clutch support were addressed, no issues found all good, checked clutch alignment from factory etc. Pretty much every nut and bolt were double checked by my doo dealer. Im thankful i have a awesome relationship with my doo dealer and the techs there.

Are these getting assembled in Mexico ?

6 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

If you go on ski doo facebook page, theres a good section about rev g4 850 stuff. I made sure my dealer went over both our 850s before taking delivery with a fine tooth comb. After i did all my research on 850 issues from ski doos facebook page and the web. Noticeably the 2 bolts that fasten clutch support were addressed, no issues found all good, checked clutch alignment from factory etc. Pretty much every nut and bolt were double checked by my doo dealer. Im thankful i have a awesome relationship with my doo dealer and the techs there.

Read "co-op student slave"

e616357be1ee9a0919b109057c4ccf5b--diesel

:cheers:

Archived