Criticizing the OFSC

GrizzlyGriff

My point exactly. Wannabe sled racers are far from being professional and don't understand the differences in the conditions surrounding them. Most pro racers do not drive that way on public trails. Don't confuse this with me agreeing with the Lester's but pro's have a really good grasp on the differences. If Blair Morgan were to publicly admonish the wannabe snowcrosser  practice then maybe some people would pay attention.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, catinental couch said:

... and myself and a lot of central and north central sledders were members of the OSRF. Does that make us unknowledgeable?

( Ontario Snowmobile Racing Federation )

Props to you guys! Spent many a weekend in Peterborough & Eganville in the 80s.

3 hours ago, catinental couch said:

My point exactly. Wannabe sled racers are far from being professional and don't understand the differences in the conditions surrounding them. Most pro racers do not drive that way on public trails. Don't confuse this with me agreeing with the Lester's but pro's have a really good grasp on the differences. If Blair Morgan were to publicly admonish the wannabe snowcrosser  practice then maybe some people would pay attention.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article37592862.html

Wow. I want to take that Brakes course. Thanks for the link

Excellant research revrnd. At the start of his successes, Doug Herbert was an a..hole. A family catastrophe changed him to do great things related to his profession. Kudos to Doug. If all the know it alls read and related to that article then many lives would be saved.

13 hours ago, revrnd said:

Props to you guys! Spent many a weekend in Peterborough & Eganville in the 80s.

I wouldn't want to mislead you or anyone else revrnd. It was the '70s. My second year of racing was the year they outlawed alcohol fuels in the race sleds. That year 30 sleds burned at Mosport in an alcohol fire.

33 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I wouldn't want to mislead you or anyone else revrnd. It was the '70s. My second year of racing was the year they outlawed alcohol fuels in the race sleds. That year 30 sleds burned at Mosport in an alcohol fire.

Were they racing the track or did they have an oval set up? In the 70s my father & some of his co-workers 1 night, left from a house on Taunton (across from Stonehenge Golf) & rode up the unopened road allowance to the track & lapped the track.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

In the 70's most of those riding the sleds had a high enough blood alcohol level to be a fire risk.

12 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Excellant research revrnd. At the start of his successes, Doug Herbert was an a..hole. A family catastrophe changed him to do great things related to his profession. Kudos to Doug. If all the know it alls read and related to that article then many lives would be saved.

I had heard about the BRAKES program about a year after he started it. Down to Indy for the 'Big One' every Labour Day weekend.

Archived