Lets see your new sleds !

chez-nous cest skidoo

New to me 95 Wildcat in 2000 and still running strong with many suspension updates.  Was pressed into action on the Northern Corridor last winter.  Worked flawlessly.

BP

IMG_2462.thumb.JPG.3738537652da9e5eb66d88f172c7db07.JPG

IMG_2463.thumb.JPG.c4bce4cc432a78268d13e609937b40f6.JPG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the picture reminded me of something I have always wondered. Maybe someone can tell me. The set of dollies under the skis I understand fully. It's the one under the track I wonder about. Why so small? It can't possibly be good to set all the weight of the rear of the sled on a small pad that sits under the track and isn't even as wide as the skid. It leaves me thinking that over time there would be a stretched "dent" n the track.

1 hour ago, Big Pussy said:

New to me 95 Wildcat in 2000 and still running strong with many suspension updates.  Was pressed into action on the Northern Corridor last winter.  Worked flawlessly.

BP

IMG_2462.thumb.JPG.3738537652da9e5eb66d88f172c7db07.JPG

IMG_2463.thumb.JPG.c4bce4cc432a78268d13e609937b40f6.JPG

That sled looks familiar ....  :D 

02, the fiberglass rods in the track won't flex over time.  If the weight of the rear end sits on 3 rods (track lugs), they'll hold their form indefinitely.

5 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

02, the fiberglass rods in the track won't flex over time.  If the weight of the rear end sits on 3 rods (track lugs), they'll hold their form indefinitely.

nice to know... thanks... I knew someone would have the answer

The problem with the dollies is the casters are useless.  The weight of a Cat will deform them and the swivel balls fall out all over my garage floor.  This may not be a problem with those wafer thin DOO's.

8 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I put a new fuel pump relay and socket in there this summer.  The 22 year old relay had corroded contacts.

This is what I put in there about 3 years ago.  Found it on a shelf in Wisconsin complete with EFI pickups, CDI, coils, wires, oil pump and recoil.

IMG_3888.thumb.JPG.6df8c63260ff09f7ab40e37066cdd87d.JPG

BP

42 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Looking at the picture reminded me of something I have always wondered. Maybe someone can tell me. The set of dollies under the skis I understand fully. It's the one under the track I wonder about. Why so small? It can't possibly be good to set all the weight of the rear of the sled on a small pad that sits under the track and isn't even as wide as the skid. It leaves me thinking that over time there would be a stretched "dent" n the track.

I just took a set of wheels I had and installed them on a piece of plywood that is wider than the track......I think my original sled dolly crapped out, so I improvised.

I have two sets of dollies that never get used since the sleds live in the hybrid trailer. I hang onto them just in case I one day need them. I had thought that I would do similar and bolt the rear dolly to a piece of plywood but based on what Denis told me I'm good.

Archived