Abitibi Canyon Loop? Worth it? Opinion?

sledzz

Be sure to get that light fixed as soon as you can. Now that you know watch out for other vehicles around you and have a nice day"

Like the rest of us navigate via the other guy's license plate.... :huh:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gibson said:

Lost the plate once that was enough for me.

The factory PLASTIC plate holder would never last hence I got me a laser cut 1/8" stainless mounting plate cut up to mount in the factory location right beside the light.  So far no OPP issues but that could change.  I figure they are pretty busy with more pressing problems.

My previous open bed rusty steel trailer had the plate in the C channel beside the tail light assy. for illumination.

24 minutes ago, Ox said:

Like the rest of us navigate via the other guy's license plate.... :huh:

Since the right brake light was burnt out, I think the implication was that since the light was not functioning, others might not know things like stopping or turning were occurring.  Some folks do depend on those for information about other drivers intentions.

My bad - I had license plate light in my head. 

Kan't imagine why?

:huh:

23 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

The factory PLASTIC plate holder would never last hence I got me a laser cut 1/8" stainless mounting plate cut up to mount in the factory location right beside the light.  So far no OPP issues but that could change.  I figure they are pretty busy with more pressing problems.

My previous open bed rusty steel trailer had the plate in the C channel beside the tail light assy. for illumination.

My cheap plastic holder also let go, taking my plate with it.  I now attach the plate with two lengths of 3/8 inch chain at the original mounting location under the deck, behind the left tire, so the light still works.  The chain is flexible, so if you back into a snowbank, or tilt the trailer into something, the plate just moves out of the way, and drops back down into view.  Never had an issue with police, but I don't know that they look much at trailers up here.  The 3/8 chain is probably overkill, but the extra weight of the thicker chain reduces the plate flapping in the wind, and the distance between the links was perfect to attach the plate with both top and bottom holes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived