Hearst Trail Conditions

Big Pussy

Denis,

Do you know the status of the Fushimi Loop.  Is it groomed and passable or only by drift busting mountain sleds or an Alpine ?  I will be in Hearst on Monday and Tuesday nights at the Queens.

BP

51 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Denis,

Do you know the status of the Fushimi Loop.  Is it groomed and passable or only by drift busting mountain sleds or an Alpine ?  I will be in Hearst on Monday and Tuesday nights at the Queens.

BP

Club VP / bossman informed me that it's been groomed twice WITH THE GROOMER.  Which means there's a good chance it's doable by sled.  Remaining trails have been getting groomed on a pretty regular basis, see fresh groomer tracks every day in town (they pass by the shop going & coming for the West trails).  New snow early this week and more coming starting an hour ago, means it'll only get better.  Even if it doesn't get groomed between now & then, it'll still be decent, minimal traffic on that trail methinks.

If I get my 670 running maybe you'd be interested in doing an evening ride around the area ?  Lemme know.... :D 

Denis,

Not sure if we will have the fortitude for a night ride.  Monday coming in from Cochrane, Tuesday down to Hornepayne and back.  Breakfast and suppers in the Companion.  Could meet you there.  Look for the Skippy-Doo, the Black T-Cat and the Grasshopper around back of the Queens.

BP

9 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Denis,

Not sure if we will have the fortitude for a night ride.  

Pussy ... lol!

might meet you for supper or a drink and visit after supper. PM me your number and shoot me a text when you get here. 

Great seeing you last week, Denis. It's a revolving door in Hearst   :)

GREAT info re Fushimi Loop. 

8 hours ago, Canuck said:

Rode past the North entrance to the Fushimi trail and it was indeed open. Great to see you too. 

On 2017-02-11 at 10:43 PM, Canuck said:

Funny, I had breakfast with him on February 4th.

Archived