Pembroke Question

revrnd

I have a lodging waypoint for this location in Pembroke (Hwy 148 & Angus Campbell Dr). Is it still open to the public? It looks more like a retirement home to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Pembroke.JPG

From the pic it looks like Chartwells retirement residence.  

image.jpg

The only place relatively close is the old Travelodge. It has now reopened under Clarion I beleive.  The new signs are going up this week i noticed.   No trail access to here though that i could imagine possible.  

image.jpg

Shawnj, you seem to have local knowledge, I'm thinking of doing Bancroft to Whitney to Pembroke Saturday. All indications point to the best Western as being the spot for sledders, but is there something on the west side at the edge of town? Thanks 

You could try the Sword in town (trail access is nearby, I believe) or Bancroft Motor Inn.  BMI has a much easier lot to park and maneuver a truck and trailer, IMO.

OK, sorry.

16 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

OK, sorry.

Those dam lights are way to bright Sledjunk   :lol:

22 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Sorry, I am going to trailer to Bancroft and was after a hotel on the Pembroke end

At first I didnt think you could run from Bancroft to Pembroke yet, but another look at the ITG and you are green all the way, except a small yellow section of less than 2kms.  

The Best Western you mentioned would be the best I guess coming in from where you are coming from, and wanting to stay on the west end. 

The Big Irving Truck Stop is directly across the road.  There is another newer hotel near the Best Western, I believe its a Holiday Inn, but double check that.  When you come in the B-Trail (railed) toward Pembroke  you'll take a right on the 121, then according to the ITG, the 122 towards Pembroke.  Im sure it will be well signed.  Just don't turn the wrong way at the 122 or you'll be way the opposite direction, although it still shows closed.  

If you wanted to be closer to being in town, there is usually trail access off the 123, (which is just off the A trail) that takes you to the Colonial Fire Side Inn.  Looks like on the ITG the trail also continues down towards the Tim Hortons.  Ive stayed there before and it was fine.  

Yes it is a Holiday Inn just east of the BW in Pembroke.

48 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Sorry, I am going to trailer to Bancroft and was after a hotel on the Pembroke end

Check the link in my signature for more info. For the most part I have Google Map locations for the lodgings. Unfortunately it's not tied to the ITG, but you should be able to figure things out.

http://www.sleddersworld.com/departments/ontarioDB/view.php?rec=1334

The Best Western has lots of rooms available. FYI for all, I'm 99 : sure I'm doing this single and solo early Saturday morning if anyone's interested 

21 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

FYI for all, I'm 99

I took this at first that was you're age and you were doing this solo.  I thought , Hell ya cool, but I think it was to be followed up with a % sign,???

The way my fiancée abuses me after not seeing me for a couple weeks I'll be lucky to get to age 49, haha ; and yes that is to have been a percentage but takes about 7 buttons on this p.o.s. blackberry 

I guess it depends on the type of abuse.......:huh:

The railbed looked a tad choppy this morning closer to Petawawa. But my observation was from my vehcile.  Hoping to get out later this evening , perhaps to Deep River for supper and back. 

quality inn in Pettawa is a great spot to stay, if venturing farther north. Right off A trai (hotel is across the street)l and Kelseys is next door and fuel just down the trail heading north. They give a sledders discount too and have a clothes dryer to dry gear.  Fairly new hotel.

About a dozen sleds in there tonight so far. 

Likely more to arrive. 

D6 posted pics on Faceplant of 1 of their groomers on the railway bridge east of the Big Stop today. I guess it's a new routing for TOP A/B.

I will be going mid week Tuesday to Friday in a few weeks. Eastern part of the province is my favourite area, minimal road running. 

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

D6 posted pics on Faceplant of 1 of their groomers on the railway bridge east of the Big Stop today. I guess it's a new routing for TOP A/B.

Yes i think so.  The bridge was redecked i think , it was just completed and i seen it has gone green now.  Would be a quicker and more direct trail from the west to the Big stop.  

Thanks shawnj for the Pembroke info above, I should be leaving Bancroft about 8 am tomorrow so hope to be in to Pem Best W in the afternoon 

Archived