Place to park n ride near Fergus

AdamGamble

2 hours ago, AdamGamble said:

Headed into fergus, anyone know where to launch from? 

Yesterday when I sledded past, there were trailers parked at the Hydro sub station lot on Regional Road 29, just south of RR18, east of Fergus. This spot is just about 4 Km east of Fergus and trail passes on the south side of the parking area. Have a good ride. I crossed about 3 or 4 wet spots west of there yesterday, tons of snow and none groomed.

6 hours ago, tricky said:

Yesterday when I sledded past, there were trailers parked at the Hydro sub station lot on Regional Road 29, just south of RR18, east of Fergus. This spot is just about 4 Km east of Fergus and trail passes on the south side of the parking area. Have a good ride. I crossed about 3 or 4 wet spots west of there yesterday, tons of snow and none groomed.

Typical the trails aren't groomed... Fergus is horrible for not grooming.

Low snow all around yesterday. From Ariss to teviotdale running up around the Conestoga conservation. It wasn't until getting gas in Harriston did the trails have adequate snow. Coming back towards Arthur was brutal and down the 204 towards Ariss again was ok. Lots of mud and grass yesterday though. After this rain and warmth it's going to shut things down around here for awhile I think. 

• 1 month later...

You can park right where the Cataract trail begins in Fergus. Usually the park has a few spaces. There is also a gas station around the corner on Garafraxa (Belwood to Fergus highway) Lots of people seem to ride the ditches from Fergus to Belwood too.

Archived