Gas on or near Manitouwabing Lake

AdamGamble

Will be spending a lot of time on the south end of Manitouwabing lake, what my closest fuel access? Sprucedale is 44km and Seguin Licks is 50km hoping for something closer. Thanks in adavance. 

20 minutes ago, AdamGamble said:

Will be spending a lot of time on the south end of Manitouwabing lake, what my closest fuel access? Sprucedale is 44km and Seguin Licks is 50km hoping for something closer. Thanks in adavance. 

Ardbeg or Dunchurch are other options. 

18 minutes ago, reevester said:

Ardbeg or Dunchurch are other options. 

Nothing in McKellar?

What about waubamick at the bakery? I understand that it was sold over the end of summer but im sure another owner has bought and taken it over. I don't know for sure if they will keep the gas but I can't see them not wanting to have the gas...Just a thought.

29 minutes ago, AdamGamble said:

Nothing in McKellar?

I don't think so. Its been awhile since I was into Mckellar. There use to be. 

Nothing in mckellar, the gas station and store that was there is now gone and is now a private cottage. 

21 hours ago, SuperG said:

What about waubamick at the bakery? I understand that it was sold over the end of summer but im sure another owner has bought and taken it over. I don't know for sure if they will keep the gas but I can't see them not wanting to have the gas...Just a thought.

I was up there on thanksgiving and pretty sure they wernt using it 

Pylons in front of the pump today when I went by. For sale sign posted, looks like it is empty now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 9:37 PM, SuperG said:

The Red Door has been replaced by Kizzy's Kountry Kitchen (just a matter of time until McDougall township got its own branch of the KKK) Spoke with staff today and they are looking into re-opening the gas pumps - needless to say a full report regards age of tanks, composition, etc. has to be made to authorities even though gas sold there last summer - gas "hopefully by end of January" although no guarantees.

As for the "for sale" sign - the building has been for sale even when Red Door Bakery was there, business is not for sale.

Pineapple vanilla cake very good.

On 03/12/2016 at 5:42 PM, slomo said:

The Red Door has been replaced by Kizzy's Kountry Kitchen (just a matter of time until McDougall township got its own branch of the KKK) Spoke with staff today and they are looking into re-opening the gas pumps - needless to say a full report regards age of tanks, composition, etc. has to be made to authorities even though gas sold there last summer - gas "hopefully by end of January" although no guarantees.

As for the "for sale" sign - the building has been for sale even when Red Door Bakery was there, business is not for sale.

Pineapple vanilla cake very good.

Thanks for the thorough report Slomo!

Its a shame that the ministry has to be so far up peoples asses especially when the business just changed hands. I think Red door put in new tanks when they opened up the place did they not.... so tanks shouldn't be that old. 

Archived