el tigre

blue er

Anything to know about these? Friend works at a ac dealer trying to get me on a turbo. Didnt mind the viper test drive i did just not enough jam for me get a 16 with the team clutches for 14k whick was close to my apex price in 2005 or therea a demo unit at sibstaintial savings in april

Anything to know about these? Friend works at a ac dealer trying to get me on a turbo. Didnt mind the viper test drive i did just not enough jam for me get a 16 with the team clutches for 14k whick was close to my apex price in 2005 or therea a demo unit at sibstaintial savings in april

02sled has one I believe

I think Blake has a turbo Cat too.

Didnt mind the viper test drive i did just not enough jam for me get a 16 with the team clutches for 14k whick was close to my apex price in 2005 or therea a demo unit at sibstaintial savings in april

Spring of 14 I test rode a 14 demo AC 7000 (Yammi engine) and then a 14 demo AC 9000 with the turbo Suzuki engine. The extra 50 hp is worth having, in my opinion. A lot of guys were disappointed with the belt-blowing on the 2012's and 2013's, but the 14's and 15's were much better. Presumably the 2016's with the Team clutches will be better still.

Don't even think about turbo-ing a 2016 Viper.

A must do with the factory MPI kit...... Be in close to 20k walking out the door tho!

blue ER... wait until next season... there will be a TON of left over new noncurrent sleds, you can choose which one you like and get a smoking deal. be patient. this winter didn't start great, and will finish fast... the dealers know, if they don't sell their stock by jan 1st... only a very small percentage of sleds will be sold after jan 1st.  the only people that buy after the first are hardcore riders that wreck sleds or blow them up during season. good things come to those that wait. Ski

I got two of the ZR7000 El Tigre from Country Corners at an excellent price end of season. I did my research and everyone with one was happy with it. Personally it has all I need. I haven't the need to get across the lake 5 seconds faster than someone else. It will keep up with everyone without any trouble and pass many. The turbo will be faster but also a lot more expensive to repair when something goes wrong.

I just sold my 2013 F1100 Turbo RR and replaced it with another ZR8000. I found the turbo was just to heavy at the end of the day. The performance was terrific but like all sleds you are not having the "throttle pinned to the bar" that often or for a long period of time. Now if AC came out with electric/power steering (Yamaha has it) I would be back on one of these in a heartbeat. In regards to speed, the 800 will run across the lake with the turbo as the lighter weight compensates for the drop (163 vs. 177) in horsepower. The two stroke is louder than the turbo when running. Just my 2 cents.

thanks for the input, but for the most part i do ride to the bar all the time, lots of lakes to run before i start trail riding, 10 years on the yammy some how dont think i'll notice the weight, nothing cast in stone yet, like the looks of the black with a bit of green was looking at a rr but all bright green looks to much like a ditch pickle

I love my 2014 xf 7000. It's not top end fast, but pulls like a train out of corners. Tons of acceleration. I haven't really got it to go any faster than about 150km/h. Which isn't a big deal because I'm not on lakes that often. You will love the ride of the procross over your apex as well. But like everyone said, if you're patient you will find a good deal. Picked my 2014 up for $9000 3 months ago with only 2500 kms on it.

Nicer ride with the ElTigre shocks vs the RR.

Nicer ride with the ElTigre shocks vs the RR.

While I haven't had the chance to try the sleds yet that is one of the things everyone told me I would like is the air adjustable shocks. My wife is looking forward to the heated seat. The storage that comes with the sled is tiny as is the windshield so I swapped out for the mid size accessory windshield and am swapping out for the larger bag.

While I haven't had the chance to try the sleds yet that is one of the things everyone told me I would like is the air adjustable shocks. My wife is looking forward to the heated seat. The storage that comes with the sled is tiny as is the windshield so I swapped out for the mid size accessory windshield and am swapping out for the larger bag.

They changed the shocks for 2016. 2016 ElTigre has the QS3 shocks and the RR has the air shocks.

The FOX shocks on the RR are very tuneable however they are also very fussing when making the adjustments. If you are looking for a shock system that is a click away from "soft. medium or hard settings" than this RR package is not for you. I now own two AC 800 RR sleds (2013 &2015) and can tell you that it takes time and patience to set it up and that goes for the rear suspension, as it is adjustable as well.  Once done there is nothing more to do - set it and forget it. I think a lot of the frustration with this shock package is most people do not know what they want or know how to get there with their suspension set up. It took me a lot of time to get it to where I wanted it to be. Don't forget the RR stands for "Race Replica" and therefore can be very very stiff if you are not careful.  

Archived