FENELON FALLS

thetorches

I see the trail is open in Fenelon Falls going north to Haliburton. Has anybody been in Fenelon and what shape is it in. Thanks.

Just looking at interactive guide again. It now says trail from Fenelon to Kinmount is red. Guess someone jumped the gun on marking it limited.

What a bummer

Yes it is Blake. It's a little closer to home and more k's to ride. If things freeze up this week Blake, do you think some trails will open up your way.

Eventually! The trail from Muskoka Wharf to the river south of Bracebridge seems to open first for us. It has no lakes, but I have heard the large swamp near Bracebridge is impassable for now. Pretty well everything else here has to wait for swamps and lakes to freeze, and they are still open water. More likely to find railbed trails opening elsewhere, I would think.

saw what looked like groomer marks going into Noone's/ Tim Horton's on hwy 115.  A little more snow and maybe the Ganny will be able open

saw what looked like groomer marks going into Noone's/ Tim Horton's on hwy 115.  A little more snow and maybe the Ganny will be able open

That would be nice.

The B 103 from Kinmount to Haliburton is open don't think it was ever listed as open south of there much less snow near Fenlon.

It did display as limited for a short period of time yesterday then it went back to red? Snow was skinnier than Kinmount north, it always is. I would guess the big washout south of Kinmount may have played a factor, but the Pinery trail would get you around it and back on the rail line to Fenelon.

Livin'

I see the trail from Fenelon, going north is green now. Did they get a bunch of snow last night.

Note that part of the rail line is closed.  Apparently there is a huge water hole on that part of the trail.

You must use the Pinery trails to get around it.

Yes i noticed that. How did it go from red to green overnight. Did it snow up there last night.

Maybe there was enough snow already, but time was needed to prepare the trails??

Archived