IDLER CAPS

ToSlow

truly, the best thing you can doo is, spray the skid, wheels, bearings, and drive shaft, with wd 40 after the ride is over, and the sleds are thawed.

don't wait until the sled is fully dry, you want the snow melted, and parts wet from water... by either washing/rinsing or melted snow. I have

been doing this since I have owned my own

sleds, and the wheels, bearings, front and rear

skids, look like new, no corrosion, and last ALOT

LONGER THAN THE AVERAGE SLEDS OUT

THERE... and are worth more at resale, due to

the cleanliness. your results may vary.

Ski

I have been using silicone after a few rides. Works great on shock rods and springs. I was always worried wd 40 would degrade rubber.

truly, the best thing you can doo is, spray the skid, wheels, bearings, and drive shaft, with wd 40 after the ride is over, and the sleds are thawed.

don't wait until the sled is fully dry, you want the snow melted, and parts wet from water... by either washing/rinsing or melted snow. I have been doing this since I have owned my own sleds, and the wheels, bearings, front and rear skids, look like new, no corrosion, and last ALOT LONGER THAN THE AVERAGE SLEDS OUT THERE... and are worth more at resale, due to the cleanliness.  your results may vary. Ski

I'm guessing you ride from home and put your sled in the garage at the end of the day. When I put mine to bed for the day it's on the trailer. Saturday some of the snow melts overnight but not all and there is typically always some ice still on the sled and on the floor of the trailer when we open up Sunday. On Sunday when we put it back on the trailer again we still don't see everything thawed. The best we can do is the local coin op car wash to get some of the snirt off the bottom which may contain salt but then we ride back to the trailer. Usually we can stick to good snow back to the trailer and avoid the snirt.

Not sure how it will work out this year with low snow levels on road shoulders etc.

after you are done riding for your weekend, trip, whatever.... place in garage at home, let thaw out, wash with soap and water, spray wd 40 on everything metal, except the clutches and brake rotors. let sit for 24-72 hours, remove excess, clean dry parts with old shop towels.  it doesn't take long, and they are ready to go the next trip.

you have 10's of thousands of dollars invested... want them to last longer, be problem free'er, worth more at resale... take the time,  clean up and protect, your investment.  Ski

after you are done riding for your weekend, trip, whatever.... place in garage at home, let thaw out, wash with soap and water, spray wd 40 on everything metal, except the clutches and brake rotors. let sit for 24-72 hours, remove excess, clean dry parts with old shop towels.  it doesn't take long, and they are ready to go the next trip.

you have 10's of thousands of dollars invested... want them to last longer, be problem free'er, worth more at resale... take the time,  clean up and protect, your investment.  Ski

the sleds don't come home with us... the stay at the lake. If they came home it would be different

excuses ;)

:D

Ski

Archived