Help planning the northern big loop

gsx6

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an awesome trip, Sledjunk. 

I took a 'newbie' on that trip and he held up to the rigours of 'all day' riding very well.

Thanks for the introduction to the lookout.

I took a 'newbie' on that trip and he held up to the rigours of 'all day' riding very well.

You have to bring him out again!  He kept us all in stitches (and fed) :-)

A newbie that definatly had no problem riding and keeping up.. THE CANDYMAN!...

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if anyone knows the current statist of the C101D through Chapleau , Foleyet to Timmins as we are planning our trip through there in a month.

I know its still a month away but I also know the north has had many issues with opening trails in this screwed up year with the weather (wind storms,swamps not freezing etc). Is the trail close to being open or part way to being open or doesnt look like it will open this year?

Everything else is looking good as just about all the trails in the loop are green now. If the C101D does go green soon, then it will be a fingers crossed that the north doesnt get the weather the south is getting now. Frigging 10 degrees and rain on Feb 3rd. 

From the Chapleau Arctic Watershed Snowmobile Club Facebook page last week (Jan 29th).  

"Trail Update: Great news, the groomer has started packing the Timmins trail this morning, but PLEASE BE ADVISED we will announce when it is ready for snowmobiles. This is an update for information purposes ONLY. Stay tuned for more information!!!!"

The owner of Halfway Haven also posted late last week on Facebook that they were hoping to see the Chapleau groomer later this week.  Again no further info since but sounds like they are trying.  Hope this helps

From the Chapleau Arctic Watershed Snowmobile Club Facebook page last week (Jan 29th).  

"Trail Update: Great news, the groomer has started packing the Timmins trail this morning, but PLEASE BE ADVISED we will announce when it is ready for snowmobiles. This is an update for information purposes ONLY. Stay tuned for more information!!!!"

The owner of Halfway Haven also posted late last week on Facebook that they were hoping to see the Chapleau groomer later this week.  Again no further info since but sounds like they are trying.  Hope this helps

Yes that helps alot. Thank you

Archived