Sault / Searchmont / Halfway Haven

Dan-Senior

Some of my sledding friends when we get together at my bush camp in Iron Bridge.  Looking forward to another winter of fun and social.

Camp-Kitchen-Table.jpg

Brent-and-Reg.jpg

claude-dan-larry-tim.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something tells me there is some other influence at work there... hence the lace curtains. Definitely not just a guys place.

Sault Trailblazers Club President and Groomer Manager grooming in the Searchmont area.

Our 11 hour day yesterday, breaking Trail South of Garden River and clearing downed trees along the way.

The Sault received additional lake effect snow yesterday and overnight.  Approximately 25 cms of powder for the community and Northward.  Not much eastward though.  Here's a snapshot from the Clubhouse Webcam this morning.

snapshot.jpg

At the suggestion of fellow OC Readers, I am re-posting this map in the Main Clubhouse for all to see.

Here's a local map for the City of Sault Ste. Marie.  The new trail starting last year heads north out of the city (heads south coming in).  If coming in from the north or east, It goes by the Ambassador Motel (destination), goes by the Polaris dealer, goes by Gino's Family Restaurant (breakfast, lunch, Dinner), also goes by Park Grille (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and ends at Fairfield Inn Hotel (accommodations) with Boston Pizza next door and the LCBO across the street and Walmart not much further.  This trail was a much needed addition to the city snowmobile infrastructure.  We can thank John B, president of the club, who, coincidentally, was a City Employee in the Public Works department in charge of snowplowing before his retirement.  

citymap.png

Great to see access to the Fairfield Inn.

2 hours ago, Panther340 said:

We did get much eastward too Dan.........at least Echo bay did , I have at least a foot to snowblow with Kubota tonight

That's great news Panther340.  Glad some of that snow made it eastward.  You guys must be smiling.  I was talking with my sister today from Elliot Lake and she said they too have been getting some decent snow.  My camp cameras at Big Basswood Lake (Iron Bridge) are not showing much new snow, however there's a good base already.

Archived