GANARASKA FOREST IS YELLOW

thetorches

I see the ganny has gone yellow. Anybody been riding there.

I drove by the 115/35 split yesterday and there were trucks there.  

It looked really thin.....won't be long before it's RED again if we don't get snow.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go green after the dump we got last night and this morning with a little more coming tomorrow .

I was there for a couple of hours today. It was bumpy from the 115 going east for a couple of km's but got smoother after that. On the e108 west it was a nice smooth ride, looked like it was groomed not long before i got on it. Nice to finally get some snow. I see it's green from Port Perry clubhouse over to Long Sault's trails.

Rode from port to 115 today. Pretty rough going around port Perry. East of Burketon in better shape. Seems to be more snow the further east you go. Gonna ride the Ganny tomorrow and hit the Ryno for lunch.

Rode from port to 115 today. Pretty rough going around port Perry. East of Burketon in better shape. Seems to be more snow the further east you go. Gonna ride the Ganny tomorrow and hit the Ryno for lunch.

Give us the update when you do .. may try to ride out of Port on Friday afternoon.

I will be in the Port area Thursday and Friday.

Will let you know if I get over to Ganny.

Anyone know why rice lake isn't staked/ open yet? Isn't from lack of ice at close to 15-20" lake wide. I thought that I saw it open for a day than been closed ever since.

I heard there's a 5-6' pressure crack out there.

I can't confirm but that's what I heard

Went from Roseneath to the Tim Hortons at the 115 today. The Ganny was pretty good , the groomers have done a good job , Ganny was clearly the best trails we encountered today. It sure felt real good to get out for a ride though.

That would do it. With no snow on the lake for so long that building ice has to go somewhere. We'll see this wknd.

Rode out to Bewdley today. Rice lake is staked but is marked "closed" due to pressure crack about 2 km east of Bewdley. Some wet areas along the crack but very easy to safely ride by it. Lots of snow on the lake.

There is every year.  Same place every year.  It's goes across the entire lake by Hiwartha.  I believe this occurs due to the old railroad bed that still lies beneath the surface of the water.

Archived