Marmora to Madoc are yellow

thetorches

Has anyone been out in this area. Closest open trail to me. Got a new, old sled at the end of last season. Just want to get out and see how it runs. Thanks for any info.

I've never sledded in the area, but driven through and stayed many times.  I would assume the trails would be mostly private lands and fields, but I'm guessing.

I was just wondering if anyone had been on these trails and could tell me what condition they are in. Thanks.

I was just wondering if anyone had been on these trails and could tell me what condition they are in. Thanks.

In the Ontario section of freedomsledder.com there is some info about the trails that way that look and sound promising.

That is my northern riding area when I'm not riding the county. My dad lives next to those trails, just texted him. He said it's ice with a few inches of snow on it. Couldn't believe they where listed as open..

Trail report from my dad. Close to a foot fell at his place over night. So if they get this packed down on the frozen base they have. Could make for a nice ride.

Don't be surprised if you see Prince Edward County trails open up this weekend as well. They got slammed last week with snow squals and again last, and it's still falling.

Really looking for a place to ride this weekend . Was eying up Kinmount but Madoc / Mamora is much closer to me in Brighton. 

Dropped you a PM therorches 

@Dave where is a good spot to park if riding in the County? 

Mike Evans 

Mike when I ride the county I normally park in Wellington at the arena. The railbed runs right next to it, and it's a huge lot that has lots of room for you.

I use to live in Brighton down on Harbour street. Use to just run across the bay to the canal road and in to the county from there.

Welcome to the forum Mike

@Re;Leef Thanks , just getting back into sledding . Sold my last Sled when my oldest was 1 , he's now 13 . No snow , no time .. etc etc 

@Dave Thanks, once the trails are open I'll have to go down and check them out . We went to High School together  .. ENSS 87 to 91 .. 

Going to hit up Madoc and see how far north is good tomorrow morning if anyone wants to ride ? Would be great not to go Lone Wolf for a number or reasons .. 

From the map there is parking here . 

Parking - Staging Area 320 Lawrence St. W MadocON K0K 2K0         Trail Accessible: Yes      

Plan on being there  between 10:30 and 11 am .

PM me , and I'll shoot you my cell #

Cheers,

Mike

@Dave Thanks, once the trails are open I'll have to go down and check them out . We went to High School together  .. ENSS 87 to 91 .. 

Yes we would have, I was there about the same time... I can't put a face to the name, but do you have a brother Charles by chance? I ran cross country with him, and his now wife. 

Yes we would have, I was there about the same time... I can't put a face to the name, but do you have a brother Charles by chance? I ran cross country with him, and his now wife. 

No Brothers , just an older sister and grew up in Colborne .. I was a shop guy , Welding , machine , auto .. etc etc .. You might remember my wife she was more academic than I was Cindie Rusk . 

Rode Madoc and north yesterday , wasn't that great .. biggest issue is there is now base . But got to ride for a couple hours at least and try out the sled ..

Mike

Archived