Ellmar burns down

Wildbill

That sicks. We stayed there a few times over the years.

That sucks. Fires can ruin businesses especially since it is the start of the tourist season. I hope they have enough insurance along with buisness interruption coverage.

I feel sorry for the guy that lived in one of the units and lost everything he owns. I really doubt he had any form of insurance and now has nothing.

I feel sorry for the guy that lived in one of the units and lost everything he owns. I really doubt he had any form of insurance and now has nothing.

The sad part is this insurance is so cheap too. So many people in apartments don't have personal insurance covering thier stuff either.

The sad part is this insurance is so cheap too. So many people in apartments don't have personal insurance covering thier stuff either.

And for the most part you wouldn't have as much to insure in an apartment than if you were insuring the contents of a house.

And for the most part you wouldn't have as much to insure in an apartment than if you were insuring the contents of a house.

The only thing is that I suspect someone living in a motel room rather than an apartment is doing it for economic reasons only and that insurance would be a luxury he just couldn't afford.

The only thing is that I suspect someone living in a motel room rather than an apartment is doing it for economic reasons only and that insurance would be a luxury he just couldn't afford.

I doubt he could get content insurance living in a motel. 

• 6 months later...

Anything to update this story? Do than plan to rebuild or what?

I do not think so property is for sale

Thanks. I wasn't sure how to update their listing. I'll delete it from the database.

• 1 month later...

The Ellmar motor hotel south of Parry Sound burned down last night 5 fire halls responded but fire was through the roof on the old building before they arrived 

http://www.parrysound.com/news-story/4526789-ell-mar-in-flames/

WB was this hotel the one across the main trail going into Parry Sound not far from your place??  I can't remember the place we stopped to eat at last year along the trail.   Now I have to look at my pics.

WB was this hotel the one across the main trail going into Parry Sound not far from your place??  I can't remember the place we stopped to eat at last year along the trail.   Now I have to look at my pics.

the restaurant here has not been open in at least 10 years 

Maybe thinking of the Whitfield?

the restaurant here has not been open in at least 10 years 

Thanks.  Glad it wasn't the restaurant I was thinking of.  Just found the pics.  My mistake the pic is from 2013!!! LOL  Sorry to hear of the fire though.  Really sucks.

Maybe thinking of the Whitfield?

Nope, I found the pic.  Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the actual restaurant, but here are two pics I have  (damn it for some reason I can't post the pic at all!!).  It is called the Crestview restaurant.  Great food when we were there btw.

Thanks.  Glad it wasn't the restaurant I was thinking of.  Just found the pics.  My mistake the pic is from 2013!!! LOL  Sorry to hear of the fire though.  Really sucks.

Nope, I found the pic.  Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the actual restaurant, but here are two pics I have  (damn it for some reason I can't post the pic at all!!).  It is called the Crestview restaurant.  Great food when we were there btw.

Crestview is closed financial failure 

Crestview is closed financial failure 

Oh man you are killing me!!!!!!!!!  That sucks!

It is killing us man too many businesses gone 

You are correct.  Make sure you keep in business!!!  We have a business also and it seems to get tougher every year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived