Schwanee !

SlowTouringGuy

What the heck ???

This morning, toasting southbound on Couchie, what do I see ????

Some jokester has left an inflatable swan out on the B trail, right ?

Wrong !

It's the Real McCoy !  

What the, what the ........................???

IMG-20140313-00429_zpsc925742e.jpg

What the heck ???

This morning, toasting southbound on Couchie, what do I see ????

Some jokester has left an inflatable swan out on the B trail, right ?

Wrong !

It's the Real McCoy !  

What the, what the ........................???

IMG-20140313-00429_zpsc925742e.jpg

like to hang at narrows,cold must not bother them...wow they are big birds...

Come over to Port Severn.... there are usually a few of them hanging out on the ice in front of Dam Grill. They They feed them there. If you are going southbound 400 as you go over the bridge look down at the bay and there is usually some open water there and you will see some in the water most times. That would be out in front of Muskies Resort. Saw a couple of them actually fly in and land on the ice in front of Dam Grill two weeks ago... they are awfully big birds. The same day while having lunch there we also saw a couple fo Bald Eagles come in and land on the ice between Dam Grill and Rawley Lodge.

Is this the beginning of the end?

Say it aint so....

Is this the beginning of the end?

Say it aint so....

It ain't so....

Fricken rain won't help!

I saw the same swan, same place, yesterday crossing couchie around 9:30. Perhaps our swan song?

I saw the same swan, same place, yesterday crossing couchie around 9:30. Perhaps our swan song?

Same Swan, Same place.  about 10:10? (ish)

We must have passed you on B105C. 

Same Swan, Same place.  about 10:10? (ish)

We must have passed you on B105C.

Moosifer and I noticed two doo's and a red yamaha viper parked on the side of the b105c just pasted where the C breaks off to the north. Was that you?

Come over to Port Severn.... there are usually a few of them hanging out on the ice in front of Dam Grill. They They feed them there. If you are going southbound 400 as you go over the bridge look down at the bay and there is usually some open water there and you will see some in the water most times. That would be out in front of Muskies Resort. Saw a couple of them actually fly in and land on the ice in front of Dam Grill two weeks ago... they are awfully big birds. The same day while having lunch there we also saw a couple fo Bald Eagles come in and land on the ice between Dam Grill and Rawley Lodge.

That is why all the crashes on the 400 this year.

That's a McCoy? Or do you mean decoy? Kind of looks like a swan to me. Just sayin.

That's a McCoy? Or do you mean decoy? Kind of looks like a swan to me. Just sayin.

I think he was kin to the hatfield family, not the farmersfield family. But Hay, I am just guessin.

What an eye opener. 

There's a sanctuary for them at Wye Heritage in Midland. Raise them, tag'm. Tags say to call and report where you see them.

We read the tag at Six Mile Lake and called it in. That was about 12 years ago, and they've since migrated to adjoining areas.

Archived