Port Carling gas

b-bry

How easy is it to get gas in Port Carling?  I see there's a "service trail" off C102D just south of the village.  Does this lead to the gas station I seem to remember from driving through there in the summer?

Yes. There is a little stub trail going right to the gas station, which is a busy spot in the summer. There is also an Oliver's coffee shop on site. There are available washrooms at the back of the building if you ask for the key inside the store.

See red dot on the map:

Click to enlarge.

post-22473-0-37067600-1393990349_thumb.jpg

Perfect!  Thanks Blake G!

We'll probably look for a lunch spot while we're there.  Any suggestions?

for lunch I would keep going to bass lake or bala to be honest with you .  rebecca's in town is pretty good, but its onthe main streer up the hill so you would have to walk up from where the trail goes thru town

easy to get gas in glen orchard as well an the north west end of butterfly lake

Since you mentioned 'Bala', does the marina sell fuel on a regular basis? 

From a discussion with a friend last night, it seems that even the marina's fuel service is 'iffy'. He didn't wait for the delivery truck to arrive and limped into Glen Orchard on fumes. 

(I'll go to sledgas.com if necessary - it helped us out recently enroute - but thought I'd throw the question out here)

Only gas in Bala was at the marina. The gas station up the road in town is closed. When we were there with White Dragon and Sledjunk, we thought of getting gas at the marina, but once we observed the gas truck unloading, we moved on down to port severn for gas..

Thanks, IQT.

Lots of choices, but necessary to plan ahead.

Or ride with a Nytro owner, whose 3/5 sized tank is always half empty. He'll spot the gas stations, lol

I think he sniffs them out!!!

Archived