Goderich Area: Going to be in job training for next 3 weeks

windharvester

I am going to be in Goderich for the next three weeks job training. I would like to get some riding in. I won't be bringing a sled. Is there any place within reasonable distance that will rent sleds? Anyone got an extra I can ride? :D

What are the good bars/restaurants to frequent? Is there a downtown or bar district in town?

Thanks in advance.

No one aroud here rents sleds. Goderich has a Crabby Joes and a Boston Pizza. Uptown there is Paddy O'Neil's Wicked Willy's and the Park House Tavern.

Are you staying at the Bedford?

There are only 2 things that you train for around here...Mining...or how to lift and bend your arm properly so that you don't dislocate anything lifting your glass!!!

:rotflmao::coffeespit:

There are only 2 things that you train for around here...Mining...or how to lift and bend your arm properly so that you don't dislocate anything lifting your glass!!!

:lol:

Well I'm up for exercising my training in the latter. Who's with me?

:lol:

Well I'm up for exercising my training in the latter. Who's with me?

Anytime!!! Just give us a few days notice....gotta arrange a babysitter!!!

I am staying at the Beford. What is it like?

My username should give you a good indication of my chosen trade and reason for travel to Ontario.

The Bedford is nice...and whadya know there's a restaurant/bar right downstairs!!!

I forgot about our recent acquisition of renewable energy...I only drive past them twice a day!!!

You will find that Goderich is a very friendly place and you can find almost anything here (except snowmobile rentals). Enjoy your stay!!!

Tennyson's in Underwood... :wavey::wavey:

Staying at the Bedford....sorry to hear that!!!!!!! :wtf::wtf:

Park House wings are top shelf! :woot::woot::woot:

AC dealer is in ....hang on I need my glasses....Brodhagen..actually straight east of GodRock and n/of Mitchell

Mossy,

Thanks for the link to their website.

They have a holdover 06 Crossfire 7 Sno Pro in Black. This is exactly the sled I have been looking for and all the US Dealers are sold out of them. It is listed at $9300. They are going for $6000 in the US on ebay. I wonder how big of a pain it would be to bring it back into the US?

Your best bet would be to drive to Sarnia and cross the Bluewater bridge to Michigan to buy a sled. Would save you a tonne of money and would have no problem taking it home to the US with you when you are done.

Your best bet would be to drive to Sarnia and cross the Bluewater bridge to Michigan to buy a sled. Would save you a tonne of money and would have no problem taking it home to the US with you when you are done.

I don't believe it is an issue to take it accross the border as it was made in the USA

A Canadian made Ski Doo cannot be purchased in the US without paying the big taxes at the border bringing it home. Not sure what an American would be charged at the border bringing back a US built, but Canadian purchased sled. NAFTA only applies to big business and as always the little guy gets screwed. The "FT" in NAFTA means Free Trade. I say BS.

Country Corners in Exeter rents sleds and they had the most sales in Ontario last year for Artic Cat. Not that they are my color.

Archived