Midland Inn

RAM

We are at Midland Inn for the night. Very nice hotel. Lots of sledder - any from OC here? We went to the Snow festival today - enjoyable. Conditions are great. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Have a good day tomorrow.  Where are you going to ride to?  Have you planned a loop?

We are back home now.  Had a great day.  We don't do the daily mileage that many people here report...  We took the C down to the B - turned around and went back to the Midland Inn for a warm-up.  Seemed a lot colder this morning.  After a warm-up, we went towards Coldwater and gassed up at the ESSO at the 400/12 - back to the Midland Inn.  Today's total kms right close to 100kms.  Trails are in great shape as every has mentioned right across Ontario.

Again a good plug for the Midland Inn & Suites right on the C-trail.   $109 for the night and that included a great breakfast (full bf not as at the Sleep Inn etc).

We are back home now.  Had a great day.  We don't do the daily mileage that many people here report...  We took the C down to the B - turned around and went back to the Midland Inn for a warm-up.  Seemed a lot colder this morning.  After a warm-up, we went towards Coldwater and gassed up at the ESSO at the 400/12 - back to the Midland Inn.  Today's total kms right close to 100kms.  Trails are in great shape as every has mentioned right across Ontario.

Again a good plug for the Midland Inn & Suites right on the C-trail.   $109 for the night and that included a great breakfast (full bf not as at the Sleep Inn etc).

I agree. The mileage some report here is crazy! You sound right on par with me. 100km day is average and the perfect length

We were in Midland for the night. I work out a deal with a local motel for every Saturday night for the snowmobile season since we are closed up for the winter at the lake.  We started out in Port Severn and rode C to the ice on 6 Mile Lake then rejoined C at the top end of the lake. C to C101D into Bala for lunch. Doubled back to the junction of C and C101D and stayed on C101D toward Gravenhurst. Split off onto 17 and followed that down to the lock at Swift Rapids. A great ride down a long chain of lakes. A couple of the lakes you look around and realize there isn't a single cottage to be found. Cross the lock and turned onto 12 at the lock masters house. 12 is on the map but not numbered. It looks like an extension of 14. Onto 14 then 15 to the junction of 15 and C then C back to Port Severn. Ran the ice across Little Lake 11 something rather than run through town and we were back to where we started. 105 km trip.

Followed a small herd of deer along 12... they were trotting down the trail and every now and then would look back at us like. "Damn your still there" Eventually they jumped off the trail into the deep snow and went about 40 or 50 feet while we passed them. The view from the lock at swift rapids is great. Looked down below and saw more deer on the ice at the shore line.

If it was me and the guys we would have done a longer trip but it was my wife and I and it was perfect for us together. Go slow enough to enjoy the scenery which was fabulous and seeing the deer made her day. Passed a group having a BBQ just after one of the portages on the chain of lakes that make up 17. Thought it was kind of in the middle of nowhere but they seemed to have a good turnout.

RAM next time you're in the area let me know there are a lot more scenic places than the route you took and provide the same distance.

I've been on those trails three times in the past three weeks and loved it every time.

Port Severn is a good destination from Gravenhurst, about two or two-and-a-half hours each way, with several route variations available, along with fuel and retaurants. Have tried the Dam Grill each time, and it has been very good food with friendly service.

I've been on those trails three times in the past three weeks and loved it every time.

Port Severn is a good destination from Gravenhurst, about two or two-and-a-half hours each way, with several route variations available, along with fuel and retaurants. Have tried the Dam Grill each time, and it has been very good food with friendly service.

If you are looking for another good place to eat you can try Yanni's. It is on hwy 12 in Fesserton. The C trail from Coldwater to Waubashene runs parallel to hwy 12 and you can see the place on the other side of the hwy from the trail. Sat I think is prime rib night. We were there last night. Good food and reasonable prices. You won't leave hungry. He normally closes at 7 on Sun and we got there about 5 mins to 7 and he still said come on in.

One of these days we will actually cross paths Blake.

Archived