Snow Train

MotorCity

I am heading North Monday on the Snow Train to Hearst, this will be my wife and daughters first time up there, as I have been many times with the guys. They are not big mile riders, but are there any loops that should be on top of the list? We are riding to Kap on Tuesday for the night with some loops there, then back to Hearst Wednesday with loops in Hearst Thursday and back on the train Friday. Any help would be great for great scenic views. I have always been in a rush going 90 and never took any time to enjoy the scenes.

When going through, I like to hit the L123.  If you start from Kap, you can jump accross the tracks and head down the L139 to either the L137 or L141 and run south into the L123.  It will go east to Moonbeam or west to Opasatika and then come back on the A trail.  Really all are good, but when they are loops back to where you want to end up, I like it better.

Loops maybe, but "scenic" loops up there in flat land?  :lmao:

You're taking the train through all the scenic areas already.

You can't trump Algoma Canyon and such through The Shield.

Be aware that the CNR is planning on discontinuing passenger train service between the Soo & Hearst. If you're on the fence to do this trip folks, it ends on March 31st.

Where r u staying in Kap? We will be at the super 8 on Tuesday night, let me know and we could meet for dinner.

Nunz

Nunz we saw you at the Super 8, we had the 2 orange crossfires and 440z sleds, Super 8 great hotel to stay at in Kap. We left back to Hearst Wednesday and stayed at the Companion, worst experience it has turned into a complete hole in the wall. At least if you want to charge 110 per night invest something back into the Hotel. Bed sheets not even close to being white anymore. Anyway left Friday morning on the train back to the Soo, wife and daughter had a great time in Northern Ontario. The wife says I owe her a trip somewhere with blue waters and white sands.

Archived