Fresh groomed trails

Driftbuster

I'm just curious why people find it necessary to cut over onto the freshly groomed side of the trail when the proper side is still in good condition and groomer still in sight. I have my own opinion about this but looking for others.

Because everyone wants to be the first to ride the new carpet!

It used to drive me nuts when people did this when I was grooming. Some would cut over so fast behind the groomer I was scared they were going to run into the back end of the drag. There were even those who would start fishtailing on purpose. Why didn't they just give me the finger too. Fortunately these where the minority, but never the less it was still frustrating.

It used to drive me nuts when people did this when I was grooming. Some would cut over so fast behind the groomer I was scared they were going to run into the back end of the drag. There were even those who would start fishtailing on purpose. Why didn't they just give me the finger too. Fortunately these where the minority, but never the less it was still frustrating.

Thank you for your grooming commitment. That would make me furious if people did that! 

Yea I just can't believe how close these people get. I had a group today turn right in behind the drag and by the time the entire group had passed what was just groomed was chewed up. And unfortunately I can't just leave that area alone and let them deal with Ungroomed trails because of so many others that are considerate

We normally do also but with the blowing snow were trying to stay on top of it right now to keep building trails. It's not that I mind people riding cause that's what the trails are there for. But it's the people that cross and ride the wrong side just cause it's pristine.

thats why we groom at night

WB We need to groom during the day as well as thru the night to get over all our trails to keep them in good shape for the traffic we get. Believe it or not, and I do groom thru the night, there can be alot of traffic thru the night too.

WB We need to groom during the day as well as thru the night to get over all our trails to keep them in good shape for the traffic we get. Believe it or not, and I do groom thru the night, there can be alot of traffic thru the night too.

At some point you do wear out the snow 

Gotta say, I do stay away from the freshly groomed side if my side is OK. Many sledders are just not as aware as we are on this forum...doesn't mean they are bad people.

At some point you do wear out the snow

With the ground drifting you are constantly getting new snow to keep working thru the drag to build trail. I haven't seen the drag so for a long.......long time. ( been grooming for 14 years)

Archived