Directions To Vintage show at Fire House

snowchopper

There is an vintage sled show and shine at The Fire House on kushog lake this weekend. My buddy is going to be there with his John Deere cross country racer. I have seen it many times in his garage but never on snow. So myself and another friend are going to probably shoot down there to see it. Just wondering what is the fastest way from Kearney to the Fire House. Thanks...   

I'd do the Baysville way then take the B trail over to Hwy 35'. Head south and it takes no time to get there.

RR

D101B south to Dorset, hop on trail 61 south of town to raven lake, run raven lake to the bottom,   hang a right on trail 64, first left there is a trail to St. Nora's lake and sherborne lake.  stick to the right on that trail and you are on St. Nora. follow stake line past the narrows to Kushog.   done.

There is an vintage sled show and shine at The Fire House on kushog lake this weekend. My buddy is going to be there with his John Deere cross country racer. I have seen it many times in his garage but never on snow. So myself and another friend are going to probably shoot down there to see it. Just wondering what is the fastest way from Kearney to the Fire House. Thanks...   

First off....is this on saturday?     If so, Id be interested and will bring my group that way too for sure.   

reason I ask if sat is....the chili cookoff in dwight is sat, and would be a perfect stop for you for lunch, if so.....I can tell you the way I would recommend to go down to firehouse from Kearney. This way is much faster then baysville way by far.

Head east on D from kearney over to d101b south. 

d101b(superhighway and amazing) all the way down to Oxtongue lake

you can take shortcut across oxtongue lake trail 74 , also you can get gas there right off oxtongue lake on hwy 60.

trail 74 on east side of oxtongue lake will join back into d101b near McCann Lake

Just east of McCann Lake on d101b is the chili cookoff(from 11am to approx 3ish?) see my chili cookoff thread.

After this you simply run d101b right down to dorset(small area of logging  supposed to be only 1km now)  Dorset also had gas and food.

take trail 61 across raven lake

after raven, into the narrows section, come off raven and take a right on the sherborne trail. 64

Blast down a only a few kms of this trail, then take a left  down toward Lake st nora(left is easy to miss as its after a sharp corner so keep eyes peeled)

Now keep eyes peeled only after 1 km for a RIGHT which takes you quickly down onto St Nora.(this tiny lake access is not shown on GUIDE)Do not miss this as you will end up down further on sherborne lake near the dam, so if you see a dam you went to wrong lake.

Now just follow main tracks down st nora to Ox Narrows, where St nora ends at beginning of kushog lake @ THE FIREHOUSE on left side of Ox narrows.

Be aware on st nora of the OPEN WATER narrows half way down this lake, you need to watch closely following the tracks off to right(heading south) onto the small rocky,rough trail alongside the open water.

Dan

Vintage show and shine is from 11am  to 3pm 

saturday or sunday?

thanks

Dan

Archived