Lots of sleds out Saturday!!

Baylaker

Started the day off with a flat tire on the trailer just as we pulled into teviotdale truck stop. No problem, called a buddy and he had a spare for me to get home later. My spare was no good so I tossed it when I bought the trailer.

Anyways, had a good little run with my neighbor. I let him use my 340 enticer. I'm trying to get him into the sport, and I think after yesterday I've succeeded! I kept looking back to check on him and just watching him bounce all over was hilarious! My suspension is no better on the srx...

We went to markdale had lunch and came back. We wanted to go up to chatsworth, but we needed to get back in time to pick up the tire and change it out. Then just as we were getting back into teviotdale the 340 ran outta gas. No biggie, towed him back for about a minute...almost made it.

Trails were really good on the way to markdale up through mt forest area, on the way back they were gettin beat up pretty good. Groomers need to get out and move some snow around. Great base though!

Sounds like a good ride. Good for you getting some new blood into the sport. :right_on:

Funny how many people are not prepared for a tire blow out on a trailer, I can't count how many trailers I have seen on the side of the road with chunks of wood under the axle so they could get the tire off and run it into town... Glad it worked out for you.Ā 

That reminds me...not too bad an idea to lock up your spare on your trailer. I use a padlock with a piece of rubber inner tube wrapped around with cable ties to keep it from freezing up. Last year on a whiz break just up the hill north of North Bay, came out to find both nuts loosened on the wheel holder. Lock kept my spare from disappearing.

I'm going to buy 2 new tires and rims at royal tomorrow. The tires looked to be in great shape....no cracks etc. lesson learned though. Going to carry a jack, breaker bar, and a bunch of other tools just incase...I should've known better, but now I do. Lol good thing a buddy lives in drayton.

Rode that area yesterday.Ā  Trails were great!Ā  But holy wind!Ā  Parts of the trail you couldn't see the next set of stakes.Ā  Lots of guys out though.Ā  Rode from Arthur through the marsh and up to the homestead for lunch.Ā  Place was packed full of sleds.Ā  Great to see so many people out.Ā  Here's hoping for next weekend

I believe next weekend will be the same. Supposed to stay really cold all week...not calling for much snow down here in fergus though, which is still ok because there's lots out there. A little more would be nice though :)

I'm going to buy 2 new tires and rims at royal tomorrow. The tires looked to be in great shape....no cracks etc. lesson learned though. Going to carry a jack, breaker bar, and a bunch of other tools just incase...I should've known better, but now I do. Lol good thing a buddy lives in drayton.

Check princess auto. They sometimes have them on sale. Canadian Tire will price match them too.

When I had a trailer I used to carry an extra hub with bearings as well as 2 full sets of extra bearings and bearing buddies, and always carried a grease gun. Had the bearing buddie fall off the trailer once, so I improvised with a diet coke can, cut it and fill the area with grease attached it to theĀ hub Ā got me home with no problems. The tricks you learn. I have a ramp and a pick up truck. Don't miss the maintenance and worry with the trailer.

Maintenance? I just fill the bearing buddies with grease once a season and check the lights on my enclosed trailer with a spare...I like the fact that my sled is not in the road wash salt in the back of my truck saves me maintenance on the sleds.. I like that coke can idea that resourceful..

I can tell you one thing, I have never lost a bearing since they came out with the bearing buddies. My new trailer has the EZ Lubes and I think they are even better.

I can tell you one thing, I have never lost a bearing since they came out with the bearing buddies. My new trailer has the EZ Lubes and I think they are even better.

Have ez lubes too. Sand gets into the bearings still and needs to be serviced every three years. The outer bearing doesn't get any lube with bearing buddies and ex lube has an axes point channel for lube to reach it, so they are better. Still need to take them apart, inspect them, clean, pack em back up. I usually need new ones every 5 to 6 years.

Archived