Lake of Bays 1 metre of snow by tomorrow morning

aar0n

Global news just posted a picture of a snow stick on lake of bays at 75cm! By morning, this well be over 1metre of snow!! WTF!!

Gotta get back up there ...LOVE that area ...

Gotta get back up there ...LOVE that area ...

why not come up this weekend? It will unreal riding!

Trails were amazing yesterday. 8-10 inches of untracked powder on groomed base and it's been snowing most of today, again. After I plow the driveway in the morning it's time for another ride. Hopefully with more of what we found yesterday. :)

Trails were amazing yesterday. 8-10 inches of untracked powder on groomed base and it's been snowing most of today, again. After I plow the driveway in the morning it's time for another ride. Hopefully with more of what we found yesterday. :)

makes a guy want to play hookey, errrrrrrrr.  can't do it.  :(      get out there John!

Baysville. This Saturday. 

Should make lake running 'very interesting' (slushy).

Baysville. This Saturday. 

Should make lake running 'very interesting' (slushy).

More like watercrossing 

yeah Aaron I saw that on GLOBAL news report....Farnell is a pretty good weather guy.

too bad about sat...damn its looking even warmer now , maybe even plus 9c!

Dan

yeah Aaron I saw that on GLOBAL news report....Farnell is a pretty good weather guy.

too bad about sat...damn its looking even warmer now , maybe even plus 9c!

Dan

He is usually spot on. Very frustrating about saturday though 

lets hope its just light rain saturday or even better wet snow

lets hope its just light rain saturday or even better wet snow

this worries me....some sources im watching now showing moderate rain for sat, I still believe it will not total to over a max of 20mm but ya never know.  We have so much snow/powder it will soak it up without issue, but the lakes will become a real slushmess with just a small amount of rain due to the plus 7c temps.

Im glad im getting out friday before the sloppy weather gets here...but lakes will become a slushy mess from all the weekenders trenching them out.

Dan

+ 7 C can do alot of damage to trails as well regardless of rain or not.

I was planing on a first ride of the season this weekend but it might have to wait.

Playing hookey would have been a good idea. Took the B north from Beech River and it was in great shape all the way to Kushog. Fresh groom from Hawk Lk to Kushog. 16 was untracked and ungroomed. 2+ feet of snow and deeper where it was drifted. Makes for a good work out  with a 121 track and a few tense moments. So cool having the snow come over the cowling for miles. Kind of feels like riding out west. Only took one pic of the B and none of 16.

post-22300-0-29268000-1389213519_thumb.jpg

Lake of Bays is one of my favourite lakes to ride..can't wait to go back.  Dorset is always a gas when it's open.  On a good day (bad day for the rider) you can sometimes watch the divers bringing up a sled.

Archived