comming your way

skidooboy

BIG SNOWFALLS HEADING EAST NORTH EAST. started snowing here in central michigan about 600pm last night. by 6 am, we had 6-8 inches of fresh snow. had a lull this am, and now it is zero visability and snowing about an inch an hour here.

i cant keep up with the snow fall on the drive, walkways, or deck at the house. so i have given up for the time being. we have close to a foot now and they are calling for another 6-8" or more. plus the winds are supposed to kick in soon, and the temps are supposed to plummet to zero faranheight, with windchills in the -30 to -40 range for the next few days.

i think i am going to get the sled out and go for a rip from the house. not often can we do that but, fun while it lasts.

a HUGE turn around forcasted comming, with highs near 40 for saturday and possible freezing rain for sunday.

CRAZY ASS WEATHER THIS YEAR.

BE SAFE EVERYONE!  Ski

'ski, we got 4" overnight & we're east of the snowbelt. There's 18" showing on the snow stick today. Pretty much most of the province has decent so. Maybe 1 reason we didn't see as many sleds out Sat' even though the temperature was nice compared to the previous few days.  

Been snowing all afternoon here 

got another 6" on top of what we had at last report, the snow let up alittle now but, the winds kicked in. went for a ride for dinner. had mexican at our favorite watering hole. round trip about 30 miles. the main roads and highways are barely passable by sled, let alone autos. i doubt many people will be working tomorrow but, emergency workers, and plow crews. i know i am staying home tomorrow. but, i can work from the house. :D we probably wont have our rural road plowed till late tuesday or maybe wednesday. it has been a steady snow here for over 24 hours. Ski

we recieved the BIG R word heavy for the last 12 hours here. calling for close to an inch of rain which would equal over a foot of snow.  looking like it is going to cut a swath from chicago to ottawa and everywhere in between. hope you guys fare better than us. Ski

Archived