I know Four Mile lake's ice went in around the 29th or 30th of November.  I am hoping it got a nice thick layer and was able to withstand the +12C yesterday.  I heard Sturgeon and parts of Balsam are in.  Anyone know how the lakes are doing as of today or yesterday? 

Sturgeon is frozen, except for fast water near Fenelon and Bobcaygeon.  In the Goose Bay area, ice is >4" thick as of noonish today. It was 7-8"  

That is awesome. I am hoping to be ice fishing and lake running New Years.

Sturgeon is frozen, except for fast water near Fenelon and Bobcaygeon.  In the Goose Bay area, ice is >4" thick as of noonish today. It was 7-8"  

That's good news. Blue er will be happy.

Thats too bad, I am hoping my lake did not do the same

Any news on ice to report?

sturgeon had 4 1/2 to 6 inches out to 80 ft or so and started to taper to thin quickly around dunsfors, drove around to long beach marina don't even think about it approx 1- 1 1/2 inches of ice there at the marina as of sunday, lake has been booming making ice since would imagine if you know the lake and stay away from channels and current areas pretty much good to ride by weekend

The West south side of sturgeon has 7 to 8 inches been on it since last weekend,talked to buddy from long beach today,they are out getting the rink ready,5 to 6 inches. No problem running it this weekend with all this cold and no snow .

Little Bob channel and the Dam at Pigeon look good.  Trouble is Sturgeon lake from Birch Point to Little Bob Channel is open almost to shore, so transitioning from pigeon to Sturgeon is not good.  The new Bridge makes it impossible to get up onto 24 from the channel and ride the ditches to Birch Point..  Does anyone know if it can be done and where?

Been using a driveway right at the bridge so far no problems. When its. Dicey I get off around Ancona point just past McConnell island and run the ditches down to the channel

yeah I know the driveway....last year they roped it off.  My buddy has gone under the bridge and then up the west side inside the guardrail before.  Just a bit tricky.

great to see gang in caygen gettin snow...back in area monday could drop you guys some OC sticker to plaster area with....becomes pass time...

Bring in the stickers lol

Archived