Wow - first little ride if the year!

ecarnell

This 2012 GSX is very impressive with the split rail skis.

Much lighter steering feel, more confident, even with three on the sled (two kids) compared to my 2011 1200 GSX.

Can't wait for more snow!!!

33B9C721-C6E0-472E-9FDB-D637666DE4E7-119

nice to see the white stuff....

I wonder if putting a set of original dual carbide Rev skis on a 1200 would help lighten up the steering ....  I loved those skis, and want a set for my F-Deluxe !

Looks good !  What's a set of those skis run you ?

I wonder if putting a set of original dual carbide Rev skis on a 1200 would help lighten up the steering ....  I loved those skis, and want a set for my F-Deluxe !

Looks good !  What's a set of those skis run you ?

Those skis are $800 a pair. When you add 4 bars of carbide, it would put you at roughly $1100. 

ouch,par for the course

Yikes! Better tread lightly in those low snow conditions!

• 3 weeks later...

This thing is fast - even with two up seat still installed!

A91141E4-7679-4EB1-BB2F-750A988BB9A1-196

holy crap!! i havent gone over 45mph on mine hahaha. but dude thats NUTS especially in low snow conditions. hope our sleds dont meet each other on a corner...

holy crap!! i havent gone over 45mph on mine hahaha. but dude thats NUTS especially in low snow conditions. hope our sleds dont meet each other on a corner...

Would never pull that on a groomed trail.

Closed ice glared road.

If you meet me on the trail I'll be the one 100% on my side of the trail.

It's an old mans sled.

Would never pull that on a groomed trail.

Closed ice glared road.

If you meet me on the trail I'll be the one 100% on my side of the trail.

It's an old mans sled.

Good to here. And IMO its not an old mans sled, its a pretty mean looking trail sled. And im just like you,I stick so close my side of the trail but it amazes me how some people think its a one way trail and they ride right up the middle

I've ridden one, a trade-in we took.  Buddy had added a turbo and intercooler, and 200+ studs.  Re-geared, 130mph was do-able, if your eyes wouldn't start watering from the wind .... closest thing  to a sportbike I've ridden yet, no questions asked.

It's a little burst of speed on a long straight stretch, with no traffic around that's fun with those, otherwise they cruise really nicely.  GOBS of torque.  That engine in a 1200 Expedition (20x156" x 1.25" track) will powerslide for as long as you can hold it !!!

Archived