email the cheap bastards - why are you not buying map ads?

slomo

Somebody should give Jim Treliving a call.  :arsehole:

No Ad on the District trail guide either. 

Is it possible they missed the deadline to submit to the district if that was their intention to advetise on the larger scale. I know we have had that happen in the past. Good intentions to do so as they haveadvertised in the past but in the middle of running a busy business it was overlooked. I would give them the benefit of the doubt since they have done in the past.

Is it possible they missed the deadline to submit to the district if that was their intention to advetise on the larger scale. I know we have had that happen in the past. Good intentions to do so as they haveadvertised in the past but in the middle of running a busy business it was overlooked. I would give them the benefit of the doubt since they have done in the past.

NOPE. 

it seems like all trails lead to a boston pizza...midland,wasaga,gravenurst,orillia....they are usually within a stone's throw away for trail...they profit from sledders in season for sure,should buy map spots

Tim Hortons is the same way, the Franchisees do NOT support the trails as they feel corporate support is enough, out in the Sudbury area, my old club has 2 Timmies right on the trail

Can anyone recommend club supporting hotels or other lodging in Bancroft?

They'll be on the maps (filed away for now) - but if someone can provide first hand reports, appreciated. 

I believe that a positive report on a Bonfield (North Bay) establishment two seasons ago provided a lift to that business. Maybe we can do something similar for lesser known Bancroft establishment(s).

Can anyone recommend club supporting hotels or other lodging in Bancroft?

They'll be on the maps (filed away for now) - but if someone can provide first hand reports, appreciated. 

I believe that a positive report on a Bonfield (North Bay) establishment two seasons ago provided a lift to that business. Maybe we can do something similar for lesser known Bancroft establishment(s).

Good idea.

The answer is in your question.  "cheap bastards".  Although some businesses may support the clubs in other ways, most snowmobilers would not be aware of that. I've always thought that a business should display a club supporter window sign showing the current year in large numbers and be made to remove it if it is out of date . If we go to one of these places that are not on the map we should ask to speak to the manager and ask why not.  Some support one year and leave the sign up forever. I'm sure most clubs have businesses that service snowmobilers and do not support the clubs but sometimes they are the only game in town. As far as Boston Pizza is concerned, it's almost a done deal that one will be in Parry Sound on the trail at the waterfront . They are going to remodel an existing restaurant but haven't started yet .

RW

Archived