Greenstone Loop

Canuck

What's the status of Longlac, etc clubs.

I've read the March 2013 link to the club, and it sounds as if Greenstone Loop will not be open again.

Anyone have current information?

http://snowmobiling.greenstone.ca/News/20122013News/tabid/83/Default.aspx

yes, that is about the only info I have found on the area. I was told by and OFSC governor that the three clubs, Marathon, Longlac and Geraldton would be able to remain OFSC clubs as long as they meet the requirements, selling 50 passes each. They keep all the money from the permits they sell and they don't get any money from the federation.

I would be surprised if they can open that trail, the revenue from 100 passes would be barely enough to maintain the trail they have open now, that is quite a loop up to Nakina and back. I believe they have an old lamtrac and a BR......those old machines will be labor intensive to keep operating. I feel for them.

wow how nice of the ofsc to let them sell permits to be in the federation but, cant get any ofsc funding for trails or equipment. sounds like a great deal. NOT!

Ski

wow how nice of the ofsc to let them sell permits to be in the federation but, cant get any ofsc funding for trails or equipment. sounds like a great deal. NOT!

Ski

ya, there was allot of issues with the district, stuff I am not gonna air here. They wanted to keep going, they hadn't been selling 50 permits, the federation told them if they can sell the permits they can operate under the ofsc and they have the insurance coverage. They are not easy decisions skidooboy, the people that are involved in that area know and understand the reasons, and they choose to work through it. They could try and do it without the federation, but insurace is the issue, plus the fact that their equipment belongs to the federation. I know it looks like the federation is the enemy, and many people believe that, I do not, but I do go through the steps to get the information and try to understand it to the best of my inapt ability.

What's the status of Longlac, etc clubs.

I've read the March 2013 link to the club, and it sounds as if Greenstone Loop will not be open again.

Anyone have current information?

http://snowmobiling.greenstone.ca/News/20122013News/tabid/83/Default.aspx

There are many outstanding people in D16, they worked hard to keep it alive as long as they could.  The OFSC has structured funding in such a way that there is little hope for the north, 16 was the first to fall - there will be more.  There is a Greenstone website with some contact information available there.  I believe there is a local Ski Doo dealer there, they will have info as well.

If you have trouble getting info about the Nakina loop; let me know, I'll go through some old emails and forward any info I can find.  It's been 2 years since I've been there, so let me know the status if you hear anything, I'm due for another visit.

Thanks Akron.

I actually 'won' a gift certificate to a lodge in that area. The next season, trails in north-west shut down, so didn't go.

Keeping my ears open re: developments and if I need info on the Nakina loop, I will contact you.

Let me know if you're planning a trip to Longlac.  I know some people out that way, I might be able to arrange for a trail to be broken from Longlac to Klotz, about 30 miles, unless someone wants to break trail for us.

• 5 weeks later...

They've got a new website:

http://www.snowclub.ca/

Archived