Delawana Inn - Honey Harbour CLOSED

Sledguy74

I heard on CTV news Barrie over the long weekend the Delawana Inn is closed.

Too bad, it had been around in one form or another for 100 years.

Not sure to the cause, just unfortunate.

I heard on CTV news Barrie over the long weekend the Delawana Inn is closed.

Too bad, it had been around in one form or another for 100 years.

Not sure to the cause, just unfortunate.

Apparently went bankrupt, according to what I've heard.

And although it is indeed sad, this isn't "new news"...first hit the media about a month ago. 

Hopefully somebody picks up the pieces and re-opens it.

Darn - they had a good web cam. Had heard this establishment having trouble as a result of low water levels and the costs of having to dredge their mooring area? Boaters weren't coming anymore.

Darn - they had a good web cam. Had heard this establishment having trouble as a result of low water levels and the costs of having to dredge their mooring area? Boaters weren't coming anymore.

Nothing to do with the water levels or boat traffic, the went into receivership. They are staying closed for this season but will be back open for next year.  The mooring area is in the main channel, no dredging happened or was required.

Being closed has certainly made the town quiet......

Nothing to do with the water levels or boat traffic, the went into receivership. They are staying closed for this season but will be back open for next year.  The mooring area is in the main channel, no dredging happened or was required.

Being closed has certainly made the town quiet......

glad to hear they will be back next season

glad to hear they will be back next season

I hope it doesn't haunt them. Most places have a hard time getting customers back after a lengthy closed period. I hope they can make it work, since it is a great spot.

Archived