Two wheeled riding

dweese

Well last weekend was my annual trip to Deal's Gap with the bike.

This year, I broke down and picked up a trailer, to put the bike in. Plus my bother wanted to go, but he can't do 1000km days on his CBR :nana:  Mind you riding in his 2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Longhorn made for a very comfortable ride. And that 6.7 diesel didn't have any issues pulling 1700lbs of trailer and bikes at 75mph in the mountains along I81, and still ran an average of 12.3L/100Km for fuel. :right_on:

Here is some photos from the pros at http://Killboy.com I've also got about 20 hours of GoPro video to edit down as well.

305750.jpg

Easy to tell from just the helmet, my brother was a hell-raiser growing up.

305749.jpg

Next year I put the OEM foot pegs back on, the lowered ones hit the ground too early :icon_naughty:

305743_1.jpg

305747.jpg

My kid brother the camera whore

305745.jpg

And a little more off that foot peg, it does save on the knees however...305748.jpg

cant wait for the video and full report. we might not make it down this year. we went 3 times last season. at this time last year we were there on our second trip. man i love and miss that area. trailering is the only way to go. :D

you need to get some rearsets or riser plates, and raise your pegs when you are down there. especially how you ride and corner low. remember when hard parts start draggin, the next thing that happends isnt so cool.

we are heading to the track next weekend. and 3 times in the next 7 weeks. Ski

you need to get some rearsets or riser plates, and raise your pegs when you are down there. especially how you ride and corner low. remember when hard parts start draggin, the next thing that happends isnt so cool.

Ya, I've got an after market lowered peg for touring. It drops the pegs 3/4 of an inch and moves them back about the same. Great for touring, starting to really suck in the fun stuff. I still have the stock ones, and there are lots of ground clearance with those. About an hour to swap them out and adjust the rear brake and gear shifter. Totally forgot about them :(

One of the guys from our owners group is trying to buy, 75 acres about 15miles from the west end of the Dragon. It's his retirement plan, going to build a house for him and the wife, along with a few small cabins, plus 10 full service campsites. My brother has a 27 foot toy hauler and a truck with more balls than it needs to pull it. If the deal happens could be spending a lot more time down there, in the next few years.

you need to do this next...

this was us last weekend at grattan in michigan. green one is mine, pewter one is Lynne's. Ski

post-19738-0-40169800-1370020389_thumb.j

post-19738-0-99595200-1370020422_thumb.j

post-19738-0-20511500-1370020455_thumb.j

Great pics guys.  Thanks for sharing.

Any police presence Dave?

Any police presence Dave?

Nothing out of the ordinary. One of our guys who is a Peel cop, got a 51 in a 30 on the dragon. Show his badge and the trooper told him that didn't mean anything in his state.

A guy we met from Orangeville got a 91 in a 50, city cop told him law says I'm suppose to take you to jail, but getting the bike towed is too hard. So cop told him, I'll take your wallet, cell phone and your cash, and you follow me to the station, we'll do paperwork and I'll cut you loose, try and run and it will be years if every before you get back to Canada. So the guy followed the cop did the paperwork, handed over a $250 bond and has to go back in August for court.

Show his badge and the trooper told him that didn't mean anything in his state.

Reminds me of Kyle Petty telling a story about getting pulled over in Texas by a trooper for speeding. He said he didn't know his father owned a highway in Texas. He quoted the trooper, " Son, you shouldn't be speeding on my highway."

never understood going 80-90 mph on a public road... especially down there. behave on the straights and in town, the rest of the speed limits on curves (yellow signs) are "suggested speeds" as long as you are not too far over the legal limit on the curves, they usually give you a warning, or do nothing at all. Ski 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived