Too late for Hearst?

Blake G

I see the trails are still showing as yellow around Hearst... :crazy:

I was going to ask if there would be any half decent riding there in the next few days, but now that I have checked the weather forecast, I realize that I was dreaming. :icon_doh:

See you next season.

mo and john at the nlmotel in wawa are still showing snow knee deep. hearst is a bit further north, might hold better conditions than reported. i would ask Denis what he thinks. I'll bet you can find some good riding for the next few days at least... if your willing to drive to the snow. Ski

I wouldn't count on our trails at this point, and the water crossings are failing rapidly. Every creek I saw at day's end yesterday was overflowing and no ice to be seen. The main rivers are likely going to let go today, but the lakes are still good as of the middle of last week.

Riding season is over. Quad season is starting !

It had to end eventually. No one can complain about the way this season panned out, once we got into February and beyond.

It sure is good to hear the true feed back about conditions

I'm guessing that was intended for me.... thanks, no BS from me. Yeah, took a walk to the Hearst river this afternoon. It's swelling up, cracking, open spots everywhere. I give it another 2 days and all the creeks and rivers will be coming apart. The lakes are going to soften up with these temps (17 degrees today) and won't last for long.

Enjoyed visiting the forum and contributing here, thanks all for the positive contributions from everyone. I'll still check in from time to time, but it's firewood and camping season coming up, so different stuff to do and different forums to see.

Enjoy summer !

I'm guessing that was intended for me.... thanks, no BS from me. Yeah, took a walk to the Hearst river this afternoon. It's swelling up, cracking, open spots everywhere. I give it another 2 days and all the creeks and rivers will be coming apart. The lakes are going to soften up with these temps (17 degrees today) and won't last for long.

Enjoyed visiting the forum and contributing here, thanks all for the positive contributions from everyone. I'll still check in from time to time, but it's firewood and camping season coming up, so different stuff to do and different forums to see.

Enjoy summer !

It is good to have you here

river and creeks are all open and way up , flooding is just starting.

lost 3/4 of our snow in town this week.

am sure in the bush theres still 1.5 feet of snow.

1 lake in town is going up an inch every hr,,,,, not good.

1 lake in town is going up an inch every hr,,,,, not good.

Heard about that, flood warning on Porcupine Lake. Hope it doesn't turn into a 1996 disaster like they had on the Mattagami ....

Thanks Wildbill !

My last good ride(200 Miles) was on the 21st conditions north of wawa were perfect. The weather since then has been very warm,creeks crossings are opening up,the club took down all lake markers this weekend.I think the snow will last for a while yet but at +14 and rain the riding will suck.Its been a long season but I'm happy its finally ending!!

Thanks for the good reporting on ACTUAL conditions there denis007.. Have a safe summer..And i also agree, it had to end sometime. Has been a great season for sure..

Thank you IQ. It's my pleasure to help keep folks informed. May even create my own FB page for the local conditions, not unlike the Cochrane Polar Bear trail page.

Absolutely it was great ! Slow starting for us, as we had good snow before Christmas, but it melted due to rain twice, and started over a couple of times. And we didn't get half the storms that other nearby towns had; for example Cochrane, Timmins, Sudbury all got several major storms that only gave us an inch or 2 in passing. I'd have loved seeing us get that, we'd have been buried !

Archived