AmandalovingtheXCR_zps7b010068.jpg

Borrowed my buds Indy 500 and let her ride the XCR :bc:

AmandaabouttopasstheBlackShadow_zpsbc83869e.jpg

XCRSidehill_zps810373dd.jpg

XCRlight_zpsf6543665.jpg

XCRme_zps54411f68.jpg

XCRdusklight_zps0974a6ba.jpg

XCRroosted_zpsae3fd2d1.jpg

Anyone else get a newbie hooked on sledding?

Great to have new blood into the sport! Congratulations!

Yes, and that is how I ended up with a wife and a purple ski-doo with pink flowers and pink skid plate. Oh yes and purple LEDs - makes a great stocking stuffer :-D

Gotta love that first ride feeling. She looks hooked for life in that third picture. :)

Good job on getting her hooked.

the ear to ear grin says it all.... my wife lied... I told her I was buying a sled and bought a 2 up as she said she would go once in a while. Shortly thereafter I had to buy her a sled of her own.

the ear to ear grin says it all.... my wife lied... I told her I was buying a sled and bought a 2 up as she said she would go once in a while. Shortly thereafter I had to buy her a sled of her own.

X2

She does not swear at all, I don't think I heard an F-bomb out of her in the yr we have been together

she gets back from the 1st run in the field and says " This is friging awesome" LOL

Caught it on video lol

Yup she loves her pink

Might look at getting her a 440 fan for next year, something simple and lightweight

Might look at getting her a 440 fan for next year, something simple and lightweight

Stick with 500 liquid at least. She's tasted the XCR now and I think she won't like the lower power 440 fan. JMO.

Go all out and get the Yamaha with the power steering. A lot of women seem to be able to ride anything but the most common comment I have heard from my wife and other women at the end of a long day of riding is how sore their arms and shoulders are especially on a tight and twisting trail that requires a lot of steering.

Go all out and get the Yamaha with the power steering. A lot of women seem to be able to ride anything but the most common comment I have heard from my wife and other women at the end of a long day of riding is how sore their arms

and shoulders are especially on a tight and

twisting trail that requires a lot of steering.

But the second she goes off the trail, it will literally be a rock! Not many long track sleds in the 90's to choose from. Xlt's were a nice unit too, very similar to the xcr with a better ride equipped with the extra 12 you can't go wrong.

But the second she goes off the trail, it will literally be a rock! Not many long track sleds in the 90's to choose from. Xlt's were a nice unit too, very similar to the xcr with a better ride equipped with the extra 12 you can't go wrong.

Totally agree with you Viperules 700. Something light and nimble is better than a 4 stroke sled which will be heavy. I just saw the video FB has of her first ride and she would love a sled like his!!! Cool to see her getting involved in such a great sport. No need for the power steering on those sleds.

She does not swear at all, I don't think I heard an F-bomb out of her in the yr we have been together

she gets back from the 1st run in the field and says " This is friging awesome" LOL

Caught it on video lol

Yup she loves her pink

Yeah!!!! Good for you Jay, she looks like she is loving it! I see she has good taste too heehee (pink)

Go all out and get the Yamaha with the power steering. A lot of women seem to be able to ride anything but the most common comment I have heard from my wife and other women at the end of a long day of riding is how sore their arms and shoulders are especially on a tight and twisting trail that requires a lot of steering.

:snow-141: My yammy with power steering is the best sled ever! I recently rode 7 hours of tight twisty trails and kissed Tim after for getting me this sled! True it is heavy, so I have learned to keep it on the trail :icon_snow: and out of the ditches.

Yeah!!!! Good for you Jay, she looks like she is loving it! I see she has good taste too heehee (pink)

:snow-141:

she loves her pink :)

:snow-141: My yammy with power steering is the best sled ever! I recently rode 7 hours of tight twisty trails and kissed Tim after for getting me this sled! True it is heavy, so I have learned to keep it on the trail :icon_snow: and out of the ditches.

My wife tells me she would likely ride more often if she had the power steering. When we go out as a group we usually put in enough hours that her arms and shoulders are sore and tired at the end of the day and she isn't so keen on going out the next. Maybe I will have to get her dare I say it a Yamahaha.

I glanced at leftover sleds with power steering (considering a long track Vector) and there are deals on Yamahas, 02Sled.

As for getting a newbie hooked, I took a high school friend out for a 900+ km jaunt last weekend (Cochrane) and he loved it. We'll see if it translates into a more current sled purchase (he's got a '98 sled in a shed; claims it hasn't snowed in King city since 1987).

It was neat to go on a long distance trip with a newbie. Saw the trails through his eyes, as we discussed it during the 9 hour ride home.

I glanced at leftover sleds with power steering (considering a long track Vector) and there are deals on Yamahas, 02Sled.

As for getting a newbie hooked, I took a high school friend out for a 900+ km jaunt last weekend (Cochrane) and he loved it. We'll see if it translates into a more current sled purchase (he's got a '98 sled in a shed; claims it hasn't snowed in King city since 1987).

It was neat to go on a long distance trip with a newbie. Saw the trails through his eyes, as we discussed it during the 9 hour ride home.

the trick is to get them out there and good weather

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the 1st time I planned on taking her out , we ended up having a blizzard back in feb, I had my plans made for a week to go sledding, so the blizzard was not going to stop me. Bundle her up and drove to my buddies out in the country as in the city it seemed to have cleared up. Well once outside the city limits, it was whiteout conditions and 2 foot drifts across the highway. Get to my buddies go to the back to start the sled, temp -18c WC -30ish to find the cover blew off my sled, I open the hood to turn the gas on and it was a solid chunk of snow. Went back to the car and said sorry we will try this another time LOL :D We went out and had Ice cream instead LOL

Archived