Sudbury this weekend????

weapon02

Northbay is now closed Sudbury got hit with rain pretty good also they might not be too far behind

On the up side we got 6" of fresh snow might have to go a little further north

All the GEM trail are still green and weather forcast looking good until the 20th right now.

I just rode from Timmins to Cochrane to Smooth Rock Falls and back to Timmins today. 300km. The got hit hard last night and today, 10"-12" easy.

Broke trail this morning all the way to Cochrane, Best riding in a long time!

Wawa got hit hard too with tons of snow :D

Good to hear about Cochrane. I will be there tomorrow. Staying at the Thriftlodge.

Caution for those riding the A trail around Elk Lake. The freezing rain has resulted in a lot of brushing needed. I rode from New Liskeard to the Elk Lake eco centre and back. about 10 miles of trail from the eco lodge south has a lot of over hanging tree limbs and some trees down across the trail. It was still passable, but a wack of chainsawing will be needed. The rest of the trail all the way into Earlton was fantastic. Roads in EarltonL189 I think are not good but it may be the better option if heading on to New Liskeard as the A trail crossing on the Wabi River in New Liskeard has nearly a foot of slush on it. Best to ride the banks and find better places to cross as we did.

I live in Sudbury and we got nailed with 2 inches of rain on Monday, but fortunately it only hit +4C. Trails are showing limited but should be okay, just crusty as we had a very good snow base this year when compared to the past few years. Lakes will get icy as temps getting down to -17 tonight.

A little further north (Gogama north) they got more snow instead of the rain, so still great up there.

Got back yesterday from Sportsmans Lodge. George was a great host. It is north east of Sudbury. The trails north were in great condition. Most were groomed and the rest were hard but ok. The lakes are icey and hard. Not great but safe. The 206 loop was a 10 out of 10 and the rest were 7 out of 10. With the snow in the forcast these trails will be even better this weekend. We had a great season ender and wish we could go back for another. If your looking for a final ride I would say go get it while you can.

We rode north bay last weekend and it was fantastic. There is still a ton of snow here. Not one rock and almost no barespots, I say almost because the only bad areas is where is have to use roadways, there is limited to no snow in those areas but other than that its smooth sailing. Probably another 2 weekends worth of riding left if the weather channel stay true. Easter riding anyone??

Archived