Sledheads in Cochrane

lillabellelodge

A few pics of the Sledheads here in Cochrane getting ready to head to Hearst. Oh get a load of Rod's new "sled"

Nice.................... :P

A few pics of the Sledheads here in Cochrane getting ready to head to Hearst. Oh get a load of Rod's new "sled"

Hey, Rod...glad to see you are so proud of your new "sled"...although it is much more impressive in real life than in the photo -- especially since I know the story behind how you came to acquire it ;) :poke:

Thanks again to you and Kim for your dinner hospitality Monday night, when we joined Giddy UP and the rest of the Sled Heads crew for the meal.

Thanks also for helping out when our buddy broke the front arm in his suspension Monday AM, which ended his trip...they trailered out from Cochrane by noon Monday and were home in Exeter by just before midnight.

Mrs. irREVerent and I carried on our ride (just the two of us) from Cochrane Tuesday AM (can you say COLD!!!), got to Kirkland Lake OK by mid-afternoon (despite the confusing maze of local trails and crappy local signage), and then finished our 6-day loop with a quick (but COLD!!!) run back to New Liskeard yesterday AM, and trailered back to Huntsville after lunch.

We'll see you again for sure, Rod, next time we are up Cochrane way.

irREVerent

Hey rod and Kim: We got home today about 4:30 and the truck was dead in the driveway. And there where 4 moose on our road about 25 yards away. Watched them for 1/2 hour. All the way to Cochrane to see moose and they where here waiting for us in coldwater. We had a great trip up there and would like to thak you guys for a great place to stay and the food was incredible. Donny's gang said to thank you and they had a great time. Leanne is preparing pics and a story as we speak. That should be interesting to say the least. I hope she keeps the hot tub party and the gorrilla a secret. BAD for business. Ha!

To every one that reads this. You just have to stay at Rod and Kim's once to know there is no other place to stay while in cochrane. The best.

Till next year. thanks Greg and Jeannie SledHads at Large

Hey Kim & Rod, Carol & I would also like to thank you guys for being a huge part of making our 1st trip to Cochrane a sledding trip of a life time. We had a ball even though we had one down day, which we used to visit the Polar Bear Habitat in town. I think we'll be eating a lot of salad & fruit for the rest of the winter thanks to your awesome culinary skills. Best of luck in the future. Looking forward to next year!!

Hey Rod! I just finished our report with pics in the Main Clubhouse of our week up there with you guys. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality and all the help that you provided in getting Paula's sled back to Cochrane!

We are looking forward to planning our next trip up that way! I think this is the only sled holiday that I gained weight! :curse: Kim's coconut cream pie is to blame - and she gave me the recipe :curse: :woot::woot:

Take care - talk soon

Giddy UP

Hey Carol and could that be Blarish?????? My mistake it's gram"ma. Glad you guys had a safe trip home from Cochrane. Can't tell you how much we enjoyed sledding with you. Hope to do it again real soon. The trip is all about the people. thanks Jeannie

Hey Carol and could that be Blarish?????? My mistake it's gram"ma. Glad you guys had a safe trip home from Cochrane. Can't tell you how much we enjoyed sledding with you. Hope to do it again real soon. The trip is all about the people. thanks Jeannie

Ya I've got to redeem myself & lose my "Gramma" rep. You're absolutely right about people making all the difference. The greatest trails in the world aren't much fun without good friends to ride with. It was a real treat to hear you sing & play some of your favorite songs Monday night. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. I hope you're feeling better soon. Carol & I too hope to do it again real soon.

HEH ALL YOU CRAZY-BUTT SLED HEADS!! Although I was a little shy at first getting to know everyone, the T-Rose came out in me and I just wanted to let you know that my family and I had a GREAT time. It isn't a party without the right people!!! I do hope no one minded their nicknames, Maytag, Blarish, Polarish or Gramma....all in jest. The gorilla in the mist was extra special and I had fun with the gorilla's Mate!! See you on the trails....DOO-IT!

HEH ALL YOU CRAZY-BUTT SLED HEADS!! Although I was a little shy at first getting to know everyone, the T-Rose came out in me and I just wanted to let you know that my family and I had a GREAT time. It isn't a party without the right people!!! I do hope no one minded their nicknames, Maytag, Blarish, Polarish or Gramma....all in jest. The gorilla in the mist was extra special and I had fun with the gorilla's Mate!! See you on the trails....DOO-IT!

Sue? Is that you? :wavey: Welcome to the OC!!!

welcome.gif

I wouldn't have been able to go to Hearst with them anyway since i found out it wasn't a towable vehicle

Yeah - but I bet we could have whipped you around real good!!! Sorta like tubing on the water - only different :D:D:D BTW - Rod...that pink helmet was really "YOU"!

:wavey:

Archived