Closed trails west of listowel

Driftbuster

No big deal just curious what's keeping the small sections of trail closed west of listowel between intersections 543-578 and 579-562

No big deal just curious what's keeping the small sections of trail closed west of listowel between intersections 543-578 and 579-562

Water I think. Hit one section on Thursday water was several feet deep.

interesting, i learn something new every day. I thought 579 - 562 was just re-routed. looking at map, it appears that way(haven't ridden it yet this year that i can remember) i have passed both ends and thought it looked ok?

the 543 to 548 i am not sure it is even marked, is it? I haven't seen any type of signs or trail markers from the 543 end? is that not where it used to run over a narrow old steel bridge, again at that end? i think years ago a lot of that trail used to run straight up from there on the road for quite a ways. I don't know if 578 end is marked or not?

there was alot of water on one section, looks deep. the groomer tracks looks like they went up to and turned around.

That was right after the three way t, go across the road and through the bush and there was 5 feet of water several feet deep??

ouch, good info. good place to avoid for sure.

Don't remember intersection number. Slightly south west of listowel. Monkton was One way, listowel another and then the third way was pointing to milverton.

Thanks for the info guys was just lookin on the map but definitely great to know. Really glad to hear it wasn't land owner issues which was what i was worried about

Thanks for the info guys was just lookin on the map but definitely great to know. Really glad to hear it wasn't land owner issues which was what i was worried about

I am not sure about the section from 543 to 578. It could be landowner issues. The trail runs straight up the sideroad in that section. No stakes, no signs up, at least not a few weeks ago when I went through there. I left home and it showed open limited, and when I got home it was closed again. I got lucky running in the ditch bank, I seen something ahead of me that someone had ran over and slowed, then stopped. It was a metal crate over a catch basin. When I stopped it was between the skis, glad I didnt hit that. Defintely stay away from that section of trail.

That stretch from 543 over to the east has not been there for the last couple of years as far as I know.

I may be wrong but I'm almost positive I was there 3-4 years ago and noticed the trail was not there. No signs at what would be the T.

I rode down the trail from 579 a few weeks ago and it ended at side road 176. The signage just stopped at the road.

There is some updating needed to the Interactive Map. If you see the red piece of trail between Elora and Elmira, that piece is not closed at all. It has been moved and is open.

The trail now runs from point 652 to 653.

Archived