Interactive Trail Guide

skidoo700

How can we get the OFSC or whom ever looks after the guide to update the POI's, especially food and fuel.They are showing no food or fuel in Huntsville,Barrie,Gravenhurst,Orillia,Coldwater or Peterborough to name a few places.And yet I know there is.I know there is Sledgas,but not everyone knows about it.The OFSC has covered most everywhere which is great, but an update is needed.Some of the POI's might not be there anymore.

Call the U.S. Government. Maybe they can get them to fix it. ;)

Why the US ????

Why the US ????

I think you missed the sarcasm in that post....

Here is what I found out when I offered up trail correction to the interactive guide.

Corrections are done by one person, and only on approval from the district and local club trail coordinator or club president.

So if you have something to add or remove, talk to your local club, and they can push it up the line. Usually an email is good enought, however you need to provide a GPS location for the update.

As for the POI, I'm not sure how much they are willing to add, as the Interative guide is just in it's 3 season, and the first was a disaster, last year beig a better and this year it seems solid. So they might be holding off the POI until they are happy with the map itself. Kind of a hard system to debug if you think about it, it really only sees high level traffic 4 months of the year.

Thank you that's all I need to know.Hopefully it will be updated in time

Business's need to pay to be on the Interactive map. A few poi's are no charge, such as club house, drop off locations and permit sales locations but dealers, restaurants get charged to be on the map. Not sure about gas stations.

How can we get the OFSC or whom ever looks after the guide to update the POI's, especially food and fuel.They are showing no food or fuel in Huntsville,Barrie,Gravenhurst,Orillia,Coldwater or Peterborough to name a few places.And yet I know there is.I know there is Sledgas,but not everyone knows about it.The OFSC has covered most everywhere which is great, but an update is needed.Some of the POI's might not be there anymore.

Businesses need to pay to be there it is worthwhile only $75

At today's prices and what the dealer makes per liter,a dozen or so fill up's and the ad has paid for itself.Pretty cheap advertising

Why the US ????

Some sarcasm involved.

The interactive map is provided (not free) from a U.S. Vendor. (unless that has changed, that is what I recall)

Some sarcasm involved.

The interactive map is provided (not free) from a U.S. Vendor. (unless that has changed, that is what I recall)

Map Sherpa still has their name on it, and thier website says the head office is in Ottawa. But who knows where it's actually hosted.

http://mapsherpa.com/contact-us/

Map Sherpa still has their name on it, and thier website says the head office is in Ottawa. But who knows where it's actually hosted.

http://mapsherpa.com/contact-us/

I may have gotten this confused with the mobile app???

220 clubs all with input. One inputer! Need I say more!!!! No one( very few) realized the importance of the interactive when it was first introduced and it was not designed for the volume of traffic it receives. And apparently the support is/was the same. Now it's catch up time but with re-routes, closures, water, ice etc I am told it's just trying to maintain status quo.

Some sarcasm involved.

I did not mean that sarcastically.Just curious as to why the US would concern themselves with the OFSC trail guide

220 clubs all with input. One inputer! Need I say more!!!!

The clubs don't interact with the inputer directly from what I understand in my dealings. The club submits it to the District who has some one that formats it and cleans it up, so the guy who looks after it wherever he might be just has to add the data. Supplied by the district. Or at least that's how it worked with the guys I delt with in D3.

Same in D6.

So in other words . It will be updated when the person in charge gets the info ( I hope info is being sent in )

That and when people pay to get on it.

Has anyone tried to check the trail status from there Android phone? I can't get passed the annoying click the above terms thing.

OFSC should give us cards that can be left with businesses who might not even know about the Interactive Map. Do they actively pursue new POIs or wait for them to come knocking?

The interactive guide is updated directly by each Districts admin or Volunteer Ops Director.

As for the POI's , the guide is a Provincial guide much like the paper Provincial map. Provincial corporate sponsor go on the IAG. If Districts want there local sponsor on it then they need to sell the POI to the potential sponsor at an additional cost.

ok so I Pay for advertising on 2 district maps, sell permits for the snowmobile club, but they can get any info on the interactive trail guide without more money...... sounds fair i guess..

I'm thinking Sarcasm.... It does seem a little much to pay again and again. The problem will arise when people stop supporting the paper map and opt for online only.

Then what about club staging areas? the ones that are just parking lots with no business attached to them.

edit: As I posted this the one I had in mind looks like it is on the map but there must be others?

Archived