Haili is toast again. No new snow in the forecast either?? Wtf happened to the 10cm today. Probabily lost 30 percent of thier base. Sucks.

Where do you get your information????

Grossly erroneous!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grossly erroneous!!

Agree with Fred.

Hopefully get a few inches this week

One of our Directors was out today and rode the B112 in towards the Anson creek bridge. Enjoyed the ride and this is a tough trail to groom! Good reports back.

One of our Directors was out today and rode the B112 in towards the Anson creek bridge. Enjoyed the ride and this is a tough trail to groom! Good reports back.

Nice, any reports on Top B or B112?

The groomer ran to Whitney last night and back. It takes well over 14 hours round trip to do a good job. There is the odd rock but otherwise a nice run. The B112 is also in nice shape. Things should be good for this coming weekend. The light rain we had today did little damage to the trails and only really served to firm things up. The groomers will be out through the weekend again and that should keep things in good shape. Guys have to watch the throttle in the corners..there is still a lot of ice under there...the base is solid!

On the rail line at KM 16 south of Haliburton there is an ice boil on the trail. We have back filled it with lots of snow and run the groomer over it several times...but it is an issue so watch it through there. It's flagged and we have installed cautionary signs.

People will have to take it easy this weekend..it's going to be busy!

The groomer ran to Whitney last night and back. It takes well over 14 hours round trip to do a good job. There is the odd rock but otherwise a nice run. The B112 is also in nice shape. Things should be good for this coming weekend. The

light rain we had today did little damage to the

trails and only really served to firm things up.

The groomers will be out through the weekend

again and that should keep things in good

shape. Guys have to watch the throttle in the

corners..there is still a lot of ice under there...the

base is solid!

On the rail line at KM 16 south of Haliburton there is an ice boil on the trail. We have back filled it with lots of snow and run the groomer

over it several times...but it is an issue so watch

it through there. It's flagged and we have

installed cautionary signs.

People will have to take it easy this weekend..it's going to be busy!

Great update Fred. Sounds like things are finally getting into shape. Hopefully the snow will last until the end of march. Be nice to see a march

break for a change.

Grossly erroneous!!

I used the word probably, which means it is an educated guess. I should post that more often, since the opposite happens. Cheers to happy trails.

Why is the trail to Gooderham closed?

If you're referring to 9...it's because of extensive rutting from ATV damage. It has taken a lot of work to open. It should be open by the weekend if not earlier.

If you're referring to 9...it's because of extensive rutting from ATV damage. It has taken a lot of work to open. It should be open by the weekend if not earlier.

Fred I have seen what looks like Off Road clubs using that trail #9 at the 503 in the summer for an off road rally. This would cause a great amount of damage to the trail I would imagine. Do we know if they have the permission of the property owner?

Fred I have seen what looks like Off Road clubs using that trail #9 at the 503 in the summer for an off road rally. This would cause a great amount of damage to the trail I would imagine. Do we know if they have the permission of the property owner?

I'm going to say no..but I might be wrong. It's a bugger of a trail to open...usually the last one and it takes a mountain of snow to fill in all the holes. It's a shame as its a great link to Gooderham!

It absolutely is a tough trail to get readyand is very rocky and has several wet areas. But is a great link to Gooderham, the Paudash trails and the Five Points System.

We are grooming Thursday right through the weekend..every night.

Hi Fred, Groomers were out last night instead of tonight. Next grooming run will be Friday night.

Hi Fred, Groomers were out last night instead of tonight. Next grooming run will be Fridat night.

Wasn't the plan we talked about but ..that doesn't surprise me either.

Just got off the phone with the club and it sounds like we're both right. Latest plan is to groom B from 4 and B103 from B into Hali tonight.

Trail 9 to Gooderham is available! This was a tough one to open with the ruts from off road vehicles and water.

Rode the HCSA trails this weekend. Best weekend I have had for snowmobiling in a while. Glad to see groomers out. Hopefully we can squeeze some more weekends in.

Good to hear. The groomers were out again last night and are scheduled again for Wed, Fri, Sat nights. It snowed this morning and the forecast is for more snow so this coming weekend should be even better.

One of our Directors was just out and rode 9 out towards Gooderham...raved about the ride! And She is not one to sugar coat it. If its good its good if its bad its bad. With the heavy snow today..this will really help top up the system. Unless we get a weird warm blast like last March...we should see a few more weeks yet.

A few more weeks only?? I was hoping for march break at least, maybe Easter if we are real lucky.

Days are warmer..nights not as cool..sun is higher...good thing is that its snowed here the last few days..yesterday a solid four inches + of heavy snow.

Archived