Parking in Varney

Dave K

Thinking of a run on Sun Afternoon. Looks like maybe Varney/Durham area. Can we park at the snowmobile dealer there and head out, or the motel? or is there a more "friendly" spot to park?

Not sure of either. You can always drive the extra 2 miles into Durham, trail crosses as you enter town. You can park in the industrial park to the right.

Thanks Faceman. Might not be necessary to travel that far. Maitland Valley (Listowel hopes to get trails open on Sun)

I always park at homestead resort in Durham. Can put clothing on inside and have a nice restaurant.

Not sure of either. You can always drive the extra 2 miles into Durham, trail crosses as you enter town. You can park in the industrial park to the right.

might have to park there and try the trails saturday, was going to haul to markdale but Durham is closer, thx

I have parked at Snowmobiles Unlimited in the past, that's the Cat dealer there. Steve is a good guy, just let him know what your plans are.

Maitland Valley ( Listowel club ) still have stakes to put in,,,what a joke Jan 24 no wonder I quit supporting this club years ago!!!

Never get them in now either. Wingham use to be same way. Putting them with two feet of snow on ground.

Never get them in now either. Wingham use to be same way. Putting them with two feet of snow on ground.

I was out near Wingham/Brussel years ago. The trials had just been listed limited that day. We ran into a young guy who had hit frozen lump of ground left by the groomer and tore the a=arms off his Rev. I gave him a ride back to his farm. As I pull up he starts telling me that he is supposed to be out puting up the signs and stakes for the club. There is the groomer sitting in his yard with all the signs loaded on the back. :blink:

I thought it was OFSC policy that all trails had to be staked signed and audited by the early part of January in order to qualify as a trail for the season (or something like that). I know our club had a date anyways.

Oh, and I was riding in Varney today. Take this advise and keep driving north. These trails are way, way limited. Some I rode had not seen a groomer yet and there were branches across the trail. The plowed fields are bare and rocky.

This is not what I expect as typical limited conditions for Durham area. I assume pressure from not opening last year and the forcast of more warm weather and rain has forced them to give the riders something. Definitely was not worth my drive today.

Archived