Pembroke / Petawawa Status

lakejoe

Hey Guys,

Heading over to the Pembroke area on Thu. We're thinking about staying at the Quality Inn in Petawawa.

Anyone stayed there before? Is it sled-friendly? How are the trails in this area after the January-thaw last week? I see green on the map, but first hand accounts would be great!

Thanks!

It's a nice place, isn't very old and top A runs along the parking lot.

Talked to my son in Pet Saturday night. He said it was warm there but no rain. They had a ton of snow to start with so things might be ok.

Nice hotel overall there's a Kelseys very close to where your staying and the trail is across the street sled friendly forsure. I was in the area Renfrew and Barry's bay on Monday and the trails are hard I would assume very simlar conditions in Petawawa all the way up to Mattawa.

I would also like to hear any first hand reports. I may be going there also.

yup quality inn is a great place to stay, awesome continetal brekky, hot tubs pool, and as mentioned kelsey is a short stagger back to your room

I would also like to hear any first hand reports. I may be going there also.

Same here, quailty of the trails in particular, ie, icy, bare, etc.

Four of us stayed there (quality inn) last winter. Parked the trailer and 2 trucks there for 3 nites. Good place to ride from for sure, easy to get fuel close by too. If you plan on eating at Kelsey's try and reserve. We made numerous trips back and forth from the hotel rm and it was 10pm before we got a seat. They let us reserve our booth for next 2 nites. Oh, and don't leave any Advil or expensive flashlights in your hotel room, someone there must have a thing for both. Were both missing out of my bag after the first night there. Not sure on the conditions there, were going this weekend but a bit further west. Hope they get a bit of snow on top of the hard pack.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

We're booked, so see you all on the trails, since that looks like it's going to be one of the few spots to ride this weekend!

Cheers!

Don't forgot to come up past Petawawa & try the NRSA local trails, as well as Missing Links. The NRSA club has map boxes up on the A-trail the bulletin board (Deep RIver pipeline). Also other map boxes at the 136 & 131 intersection, A-trail & A101Q, or visit www.nrsa (under about tab) & print your own.

Archived