Groomers - Buy, Lease or Finance?

Canuck

Only if the club folds, however, if the club was to leave the OFSC and remain in operation as an incorporated entity that is still functioning, there would be a legal battle and in the end the OFSC would find they have no rights to equipment and or buildings that the club owns. What do you think would happen if district 17 left the OFSC, being they are 80km away from any other trails now, this could very well happen, do you think the ofsc would be able to repo all the equipment from all the clubs there?

I don't no zozo, I have never been in the situation, I am just saying, this is what has happened, I didn't say it is right or wrong. From what happened with Mani. they are still a club that remains incorporated......they lost everything they had???????? now I don't know how much cash they had, probably not enough for a lawsuit and it appears they looked into the situation and decided to return their assets. It was just a statement I was called out on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only if the club folds, however, if the club was to leave the OFSC and remain in operation as an incorporated entity that is still functioning, there would be a legal battle and in the end the OFSC would find they have no rights to equipment and or buildings that the club owns. What do you think would happen if district 17 left the OFSC, being they are 80km away from any other trails now, this could very well happen, do you think the ofsc would be able to repo all the equipment from all the clubs there?

I don't no zozo, I have never been in the situation, I am just saying, this is what has happened, I didn't say it is right or wrong. From what happened with Mani. they are still a club that remains incorporated......they lost everything they had???????? now I don't know how much cash they had, probably not enough for a lawsuit and it appears they looked into the situation and decided to return their assets. It was just a statement I was called out on.

The equip and assets never really belong to a club they belong to the permit buyers. If an entity of the OFSC goes under, the equipment and all assets that have been gained while under the OFSC umbrella are to be reallocated to another OFSC club/dist or association which is decided by the the next level of governing body of that club, Dist or OFSC. For assets gained before a club became part of the OFSC they have to be dissolved in accordance with Ontario Not For Profit Corp Law, which I believe is a community panel makes the decision where it goes within the community.

Well, I started the topic with the intent of understanding the subject in light of the $700,000 that will be accumulated this year in the groomer fund ($10 x approx. 70,000 permits, as an example).

Great info. Thanks.

Well, I started the topic with the intent of understanding the subject in light of the $700,000 that will be accumulated this year in the groomer fund ($10 x approx. 70,000 permits, as an example).

Great info. Thanks.

Sorry about the hijack Canuck :oops:

My club planned on a yearly lease so we had a new machine with warranty, they where warned about the cost of swaping out the soucey system twice a year. Once it became reality, and there was nobody willing to donate there time for such a stupid idea, we bought the tractor. I think you will find the norm will be to buy. Not sure if there is a set plan for groomer replacement, the smartest way to go about it would be to look at the age of machines versus the highest repair bills. Maybe the idea will be to dispurse enough money to the clubs that need replacements, just give them enough to bring payments inline with what they can afford, that way the fleet gets renewed in less time. Hard to say, at least the money is building to address the situation. I would imagine once final #'s are in for the year, proposals will be sent out.

The thread stayed on course. No hijacking there, at all, Wildman.

And yeah, where's monkey spell ? :D

we have 300 groomers in ontario . The fund allows for 3-5 groomers at best that would mean groomers hitting 40 years? This is a good start and a great effort but it must be every year and we must find a way to augment it.

Archived