My Request

Willy

This is my request. I know it will never happen. So lets say this is my rant. I think the majority of you out there will agree.

We see this scenario year after year. See hear it is.

It's early - January 6th. Central Ontario has received 3-4" of good wet snow, and maybe a couple more yet today on top of what we've had previously. We have mild temps forcast for the bulk of the week with the warmest temps towards the weekend with small amounts of mixed precip.

If we could only stay off the trails as much as possible during this period the benefit after would be ENORMOUS. However, it seems every year people will run the trails until there is nothing left and the clubs are starting for square one again. If it was February 6th, different story - run on what you have.

I repeat - this short term inconvienience will pay off huge for the overall season. The clubs could get out and work with this and create a solid base to last the season.

The UNDER APPRECIATED club volunteers will go out in the wee hours of the night when grooming is most favorable for our benefit.

Why Can't we return them a favor!!!!

I don't volunteer with any clubs currently, however would like to when my children are a little bit older. This would likely be my biggest pet peeve.

I couldnt agree more

try to protect what base we got till the cold winter weather returns

pretty warm out there already

you'll know some of the guys running in these temps, they'll be on a forum talking about melt downs and how much it'll cost for the rebuilds.

Can't fix stupid !!

Why not just have the clubs close the trails to riders thus saving the base .

I don't see anywhere in Willy's post where he mentions "Open or Limited" trails. These trails are probably still closed to start with. I know neither myself or any member of my executive have the time right now to go sit on a trail hoping to harass illegal sledders. Call the OPP?? Once again, manpower/time issue. That was why I worked hard to open the rail line. Can't hurt it. Gave everyone a taste.

Maybe when you buy your stickers there should be a English lesson included. 'Closed' Means do not ride here. Saw people riding on snirt fields again this weekend on closed trails.

Archived