Best trails to ride

XtremeLegend500

Hey guys, I'm still relatively new to the sport, been riding for about 3 years, but mostly just around my area in East Gwillumbury and a bit up around Kinmount, and fenelon falls.

What are some trails that you recommend as a "Must ride" for different reasons, for the upcoming season?

Thanks

RAP tour is a great 3 day ride...

I would suggest driving up the 400 to just south of Parry Sound and staging at the Petro Can and the Seguin Trail. From there you can head east to Sprucedale and/or Kearney and make loops north from there through places like Dunchurch and return back to the Seguin or through Parry Sound itself following the water front and back to where you set out.

Trails north and south from Bancroft are lots of fun and usually good conditions.

if yoyr going kinmount nothing stoping you from going through haliburton on the e over to harcourt down to 108 through to 103 decent easy ride usually not to bad b103 and main E get beat up at times

Cochrane is an absolute must

Another area that has good local trails as well as the TOPS A-trail is from east of Chalk RIver to Mattawa.. North Renfrew Snowmobile Association, Missing Link & Mattawa clubs all have completed some good projects this year!! No road riding in North Renfew Snowmobile Association & Missing Link for sure!!

Check the OFSC interactive map on a daily (or more) basis!! Go where it's green! Last year trailered a fair amount.

-trails around Port Loring, Argyle club - lots of different terrain, very little traffic, 80 km to French River bridges, poker run February 2nd (club still firming this up) http://www.argyleriders.com/

-district 1 site has excellent tours of different lengths mapped out on their web site.

http://www.district1ofsc.ca/trailloops.htm

-Sudbury trail plan - check revrnd's accomodation database - in addition to Chateau Guay and Moonlight Inn - the better known places to stay, check the towns of Lively, Levack, Capreol, Windy Lake, Fairbanks Lake for different alternatives - all on the STP system.

-North Bay area.

-somewhere north - Wawa/D'ville or the highway 11 corridor/Cochrane area in March.

-personally hoping to get over to areas west of highway 400 this year.

I would suggest driving up the 400 to just south of Parry Sound and staging at the Petro Can and the Seguin Trail. From there you can head east to Sprucedale and/or Kearney and make loops north from there through places like Dunchurch and return back to the Seguin or through Parry Sound itself following the water front and back to where you set out.

Good advice as the Seguin is usually open and running under most conditions, but can get very busy. Many people stay at the Quality Inn (formerly Jolly Roger) which provides a lot of services and is on trail and close to gas at Petrocan.

A "quieter" alternative is at the north end of Parry Sound. Stay at the Trapper's Choice motel and restaurant -

http://www.trappersc...erestaurant.ca/ a district 10 map sponsor. From here, you have good 'sled from door' access to the C town trail, a nice set of loops in the Carling 400 trail area, and access to C104D to which many local trails connect. There are also a number of resort type accomodation in the area as documented on revrnd's accomodation guide or the Parry Sound district web site. http://www.pssd.ca/

Trapper's is located on the edge of the Parry Sound Mall parking lot which includes a Can Tire gas bar, food store, Tim Hortons at the far edge of the lot. You pass over the parking lot to reach the trail that runs in front of the Chevrolet dealer.

The only caveat for this area would be to make sure snow conditions are good, as it takes a lot of snow to smooth over the rugged rocky terrain in the district.

anywhere there is lots of snow. Slomo had good advice. Check the OFSC trail guide and look for the green. The yellow can often be excellent riding as well. Check here regularly as people will often post their experiences from that day or the day before.

Ok sounds good, I will have to try to get out to more places this season! Wherever theres snow, I' ll be there!

Archived