WTD: XP 1+1 Seat

Domino

Any 1+1 seats hanging around not being used?

1 +1 does that mean both cheeks fit?

Any 1+1 seats hanging around not being used?

If you end up buying new, check out the new design from BRP for 2013. Considerably less hassle attaching (except for buying the 'clip on' system) look lighter, and a couple of hundred dollars less expensive.

Dom the new 2-up seat from BRP is awesome and only 364.00

Why was I quoted 1150 bucks?? Was it the full seat, with the hand warmers and adjustable backrest, like what is on the grand touring series???

Why was I quoted 1150 bucks?? Was it the full seat, with the hand warmers and adjustable backrest, like what is on the grand touring series???

You may have been quoted for the system used in 2012 - the mounting hardware (requires drilling some holes) the seat base - a fairly heavy platform that fits into the mounting hardware, the seat it self, and (optional) the back rest. I got mine at sled purchase time for $800 but I installed it myself saving a couple of hours of shop labour. Did not include handwarmers - did my own adjustable ones for about $40 as opposed to BRP wanting over $120 for similar.

At the time, there was another seat offered that was basically an elongated regular seat with a strap on which the passenge holds on and (I think) another optional back rest.

If you check the 2013 BRP catalogue, they have some new clip on system for the accessories - spare gas can (not that you need one with the ACE600) saddle bags, etc. which is now used to mount a passenger (1+1) seat. It is less expensive, doesn't look as comfortable though and hand warmers are extra.

While on the topic, WB at Rosseau Rd. has in his catalogue an after market option available that looks fairly comprehensive. Maybe he can post the brand name and a picture?

I can't paste on my PlayBook but if u go the Skidoo website the 2up seat is there for 364. I have seen a few of these on the trails

I did not know they brought out a new option. I'll check it out. Thanks!!!

You may have been quoted for the system used in 2012 - the mounting hardware (requires drilling some holes) the seat base - a fairly heavy platform that fits into the mounting hardware, the seat it self, and (optional) the back rest. I got mine at sled purchase time for $800 but I installed it myself saving a couple of hours of shop labour. Did not include handwarmers - did my own adjustable ones for about $40 as opposed to BRP wanting over $120 for similar.

At the time, there was another seat offered that was basically an elongated regular seat with a strap on which the passenge holds on and (I think) another optional back rest.

If you check the 2013 BRP catalogue, they have some new clip on system for the accessories - spare gas can (not that you need one with the ACE600) saddle bags, etc. which is now used to mount a passenger (1+1) seat. It is less expensive, doesn't look as comfortable though and hand warmers are extra.

While on the topic, WB at Rosseau Rd. has in his catalogue an after market option available that looks fairly comprehensive. Maybe he can post the brand name and a picture?

Ordered one, thanks! I sure didn't want to pay $650

Archived