Alliston District Snowmobile Club might fold.

500ssman

Alliston Snowmobile Club in dire need of volunteers

to the editor,

Posted September 6, 2012

Due to a lack of volunteers, the Alliston District Snowmobile Club (ADSC) is not able to sustain itself and in jeopardy of folding. We are in dire need of volunteers to put in and take out trails annually, and take executive positions in the club.

Anyone who snowmobiles, this may be the last year for local trails unless some of you step up and come help out. We manage 120 km of local trails in and around Alliston, both on and off private lands.

Only with a tremendous amount of volunteer work are we able to remain part of the OFSC (Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs) and the sport of Snowmobiling in general. Without volunteers there are no trails.

Benefits of Volunteering:

• Gain personal satisfaction, and a sense of accomplishment that results from working with us towards building strong and vibrant sport.
  • Contribute your knowledge and skills in a valuable and meaningful way.
  • Develop new knowledge and skills such as leadership, event management, fund-raising, public speaking, media relations, book keeping, and interpersonal relations.
  • Meet new people and build friendships in your community
  • Have fun!

The following positions are open and need to be filled for the club and trails to continue: Trail Patrollers, Trail Captains/Co- Captains, Driver Trainer, Landowner Liaison, Treasurer, Trail Permit Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Event Coordinator, Newsletter/Info Updates.

For more information contact Adam by phone at 705-435-2651 or email to: tyoga@rogers.com

Dunno but this looks like the beginning of the end for snowmobiling in the Borden, Angus and Barrie area. Looks like I'm leaving at the right time since I am posted to Nova Scotia next month. Sad since the ADSC had some really nice trails to ride on(when they were open) and if these guys fold Hollands Landing can't be too far behind.

Not gonna be the same without the Alliston trail system.

i hope some locals help out...big shoes to fill thou...ssman off to the east coast now...should get some sledding in there...

not good news at all

Funny how people think trails just happen

I wish the best for aslliston and hope they get a good turn out and continue to provide trails in the area with some extra man power :)

Glenn, next meeting is Oct 2. Hope you can make it.

will make this one..1st meeting was 1st day of school...imagine there's alot to talk about...thx louisa

I also hope that more volunteers from the area assist in the required roles.

Easier said than done, but fingers crossed for another team forming.

(500ssman - wish you all the best out east. Do they ride Polaris' out there? lol)

Sure hope they can get the help that they need....sad is what it is.

Thanks for posting this up 500ssman. I saw freezerburnt posted on FS but it turned into a typical FS thread by page 2.

We had a short story in our local paper last week regarding our need for volunteers and will be running a quarter page add (VIA funding put to good use!) the weekend before our first club meeting. Should be an interesting first meeting for our club this year.

Thanks for posting this up 500ssman. I saw freezerburnt posted on FS but it turned into a typical FS thread by page 2.

We had a short story in our local paper last week regarding our need for volunteers and will be running a quarter page add (VIA funding put to good use!) the weekend before our first club meeting. Should be an interesting first meeting for our club this year.

Good luck to you!

Posted it on HCS Ontario forum also :)

I am planning to go if work doesn't interfere. I am willing to help out with the labour portion would also like to help out with the voyageurs as well, time permitting.

I am planning to go if work doesn't interfere. I am willing to help out with the labour portion would also like to help out with the voyageurs as well, time permitting.

Good for you! (and them!) We need more people to get involved to spread the workload.

Archived