Abitibi Canyon

Turbo Doo

Looks like the Abitibi Canyon and the trail over into La Rein and La Sarre are open now. Cannot wait, come on next Wednesday..Were riding to Hearst on feb 2, then back to Cochrane, hopefully have some time to run the Canyon.

If anybodys there, were in a group of 4. 3 1200 skidoo's and my IQ turbo..

Make sure you dont go over the posted speed limit on the 105 railbed to LeRein :icon_blah:

Be aware that the Polar Bear Riders have posted that there is no gas in La Reine. Try Dupuy which is between La Reine & La Sarre. The gas in Dupuy is south of the trail.

It is about 100 miles one way to La Reine, IIRC.

So your saying YES!

Well, if your sled can make 100 Mi on a tank, yes. When Moosifer was riding the 94 VMax, he was lucky to get 100 Km, and on the '01 VMax, 100 Mi was barely doable (he has a heavy thumb) or, as Maple used to tell him, "Well then, slow the F___ down!" :D :D :D

Looks like the Abitibi Canyon and the trail over into La Rein and La Sarre are open now. Cannot wait, come on next Wednesday..Were riding to Hearst on feb 2, then back to Cochrane, hopefully have some time to run the Canyon.

If anybodys there, were in a group of 4. 3 1200 skidoo's and my IQ turbo..

The Canyon has lots of snow before the warmup....there will be a crust forsure now.....we started at the north end and came south down to base camp.....hydro lines are great and up otter falls is great u better have decent tracks lots of spots I couldnt touch bottom and I am 6+"....trails are great and the reroute on the A is a beautiful ride......Have fun.....TVM ride next weekend and then the fun begins back to cochrane for another week with 800

But can you make it to La Sarre on a tank?

We filled up in La Sarre (east side of town) & had no issues running to the Esso in Cochrane (114 miles/184 klicks). And no we weren't poking along @ 50 kph. We have a 600SDI, 2 500SS REVs & an Apex. Of the group I think the Apex has the worst range. There are some stations in "downtown" La Sarre that would shorten the distance by a few miles.

Well, if your sled can make 100 Mi on a tank, yes. When Moosifer was riding the 94 VMax, he was lucky to get 100 Km, and on the '01 VMax, 100 Mi was barely doable (he has a heavy thumb) or, as Maple used to tell him, "Well then, slow the F___ down!" :D :D :D

It didn't help though. LOL!

We did Cochrane to east end of Lasarre last year with 3 Vectors and a 600SDI with 3 litres to spare on the Vectors. Rode hard to La Reine then easier to LaSarre

Archived