Novi 2011

sledjunk

I like a deal as much as the next guy too, but I try to practise buy where you ride. I just hate it though when I go to a local shop to buy something and can find it a LOT cheaper south of the border or on e Bay..at times it feels like rape.

We work hard to make our prices good .

The monkey was fine! He had his 'handler' to keep him in line. :lmao: :lmao:

IrREVERent Not so much! :icon_badrazz::icon_badrazz: :icon_badrazz: :wavey: :wavey:

I hear yeah. I buy most of my clothing especially high end running shoes in the states. I take my trailer across a few times a year. I get 1500 in clothing for about 500. I even found a 499 coach purse for 119. I should have bought a few at that price. I have even put tires on over there, saved 55 percent. Totally different world it seems. I even seen muscle cars like a new 2012 dodge charger going for 32 k with the hemi. Looked real sharp.

Going to the White Star snowmobile auction ( Bronson, MI) on Saturday, will hit Novi Sunday morning/noon.

always wanted to go to this auction,how was it?????

We work hard to make our prices good .

I'll bet you do as many dealers and repair shops do! I will also bet at times you have to bust yer ass to get a good price to provide a good price! It is appreciated by me for those that go the extra and that is why I like to spend here,

I understand that the dealers and aftermarket dealers do what they can to be competitive on prices and I do try to buy 'locally' as much as possible. However, I still like to go south for this show and I often mail order goods to be delivered to the hotel as well.

A case in point, I bought a rack for the rear of my new sled from a Yamaha dealer in the US. List price of the rack was $249 US, and their price was $174. Same rack in Canada is $319. With an difference like this, I cannot justify buying that item here.

Another example is a helmet that I am looking at. Price here is $127 and $219 electric (also includes regular visor). Price at the show was $105 and $169 for electric (no standard visor). I decided to not buy that at the show as the difference was not worth while.

You do have to know what you are looking at and how prices compare, but nevertheless, the show is still an interesting experience just for the array of different items for sale that we do not even see here. The show is close to the size of the show at the International Center but is dedicated to snowmobiling only.

No one's going to 'come out ahead' or be much behind with purchases at Novi. Part of the fun is the opportunity to go away with friends (or Domino). :)

I made a weekend of it with my children, years ago, and they still recall that trip.

I also spent lots of time at Ontario snowmobiling booths at the Novi show, won a free trip to a Timmins hotel and saw a great show devoted solely to snowmobiling.

It's a great supplement to the Toronto Powersports show, not a substitute.

It sometimes is just not financially doo-able to shop up here if you are outfitting an entire family for sledding. The price gap amounts to just too high a dollar value and to get the family on the snow..you have to buy south of the border. I get that. I would rather see a whole family out on our trails than just one family member. Two Winters ago when the economy was in the tank, I noticed a lot more families out on sleds in this area, hotels were booked solid, the ski hills were packed. I believe that many families who used to book Winter get aways have broken out the old family sleds and returned to the sport.

I agree you have to know your pricing. There are somer uniquer deals in Novi, or new products that are not here yet. I shop locally a lot, however I find the biggest gap in pricing is the OEM (BRP in my case). I really try to support my dealer when it is feasible as I know that their pricing is not favourable from BRP to them and that is the origin of the gap.

This trip was also a Auto Parts trip for me. I have a "friend" at Toyota and get Dealer cost + a small disclosed mark up. I still pruchased all of my accesories for the new truck in the U.S. A couple of the parts I could/should have purchased here as the cost difference was neglitable to my costing. Then again I didn't know at the time.

Buy locally when you can. I actually cancelled an order for one item in favour of a local vendor when I realized he could get it. (Thanks WildBill)

Archived